Sunday, August 17, 2008

Listen To The Rhythm of the Falling Rain



One year ago today we closed on the sale of our house on Edlowe Road! ONE YEAR AGO! WOW!! It's easy to remember the date because I was NOT here for the closing! I was in Michigan watching my niece get married! (Happy 1st Anniversary Emily and Jeremy!) I signed the power of attorney papers before I left and Glenn received that wonderful job of signing not only HIS name, but MY name, at least 100 times and passed our house onto the new owner!

Our realtor then gave us a gift for using her as our realtor - a gift certificate for a nights' stay over at Mt. Princeton Hot Springs in Buena Vista! And can you believe it took us an entire year to use that certificate? About the time we started talking about making the reservation, I broke my leg. And we all know how busy the summers get so I FINALLY told Glenn we HAD to work in our night's stay or the certificate was going to expire! And that's where last night found us..........

I never like to complain about the rain but it has rained for virtually every day this last week - and unfortunately the weekend was no exception! We drove over in the rain, we sat in the hot springs in the rain, and we drove home in the rain!

In spite of the rain, we had a great time! The drive over was beautiful and as I am ALWAYS in control of the CD's we play, the music was wonderful! (Especially since I had downloaded another fantastic group of songs from ITunes!)

The hot springs has had some major renovations the past 3 years! I was quite impressed! Our room was up by the cliffs and as we drove up the road to them, I thought they looked kind of shabby on the outside and was secretly praying they they looked a whole lot better on the inside! Not to worry - it was a very nice room!(more on "hotel rooms" in another blog!)

We donned our swim suits and headed down to the hot springs! There is now 2 large hot pools to swim in, along with the creekside springs and dozens of tables and chairs and recliners to just hang out in! Because it was a balmy 56 degrees when we got there, we didn't spend much time just looking around - it was INTO that nice hot pool! Soon there was room for us down at the creek, and we found a great spot to lay in the sand and rocks! Sitting in the creek, surrounded by rocks that form little mini pools, is always challenging because of the change of temperature. Your buns might be sitting in extremely hot water while your toes are freezing! Needless to say, I was moving around a lot trying to keep my buns from getting burnt! And of course it started to rain while we were in the creek - oh well, what's a little MORE fresh water?

After our fingers and toes were shriveled and the hunger pains started attacking, we dressed and headed back into town to eat at the "Coyote Cantina". Great Mexican food!

Did I forget to mention there was a wedding going on when we arrived? There's a beautiful spot down by the creek with lovely flower beds and the bride and groom were having their pictures taken! What a sight!

After a great breakfast in the lodge and a short drive along the creek, we headed home - this time with caramel mochas in hand and again, some great tunes! In the rain of course!

1 comment:

Teri said...

What a wonderful gift. I am sure you enjoyed it after working so hard and long this summer. Loved the pics too!