Tuesday, August 5, 2008

No Calories - Really!


There is NEVER a shortage of food in Iowa - after all, they can grow about anything in that state with their hot, humid summers! So we certainly didn't go hungry on our trip to Iowa - in fact, I'm sure Glenn and I both gained some weight while we were there between all the great food and drinks!

Ever had a piece of "Better Than Sex Cake"? Oh my, imagine a rich chocolate cake dripping with whip cream, caramel syrup, chocolate chips and toffee bits on top! Wow - Patty outdid herself on THAT dessert!

And on Thursday I helped her make "Strawberry Trifle", the above picture - if you like fresh strawberries buried in whipped cream, cream cheese and pound cake, then you'll like this dessert too! It not only LOOKS good, it tastes good! Forget about that Iowa corn fed beef, just bring on the desserts!

Patty also researched some drinks we had drank in Mexico the year before called Miami Vices and before we knew it, we were drinking those specialty drinks, pretending we were on the beach! The easiest way to describe a Miami Vice is a combination of strawberry dacquiri and pina colada in the same glass! YUM!! They went down mighty fast and were out of this world!

Just in case you're drooling by this time, I'll let you know that the "sisters" and their daughters are going to put together a family cookbook and the above 3 recipes will definitely make it into this book! My niece, Amanda, has graciously offered to compile all our family recipes and put them in some type of a notebook cookbook for all of us to have! But I can't wait for the cookbook - I need those recipes now!

1 comment:

DrKeppy said...

Mmmmmmmmmm dessert! I can't wait to go to Iowa!!