Sunday, August 3, 2008

Green Green Grass of Home........


I was Iowa bound this last week and just returned home today! Pretty good flights, great weather (for Iowa in the summer!),WONDERFUL food, and most of all - FAMILY!

We went back for my nephew's wedding reception which was held out at my brother's place - it was a beautiful night and the humidity stayed under control just for us! Of course there was lots of good food and drink, a great band playing under the stars and lots of old friends to visit with! Now any other time I would have been out there dancing on the grass but there were just too many people to visit with that night so the dancing will have to wait until another time!

Most of the nights were spent at my sister's house and I posted a picture of her neat old house above! It's a classic IOWA home that yes, could use some more work on the inside but I love it just as it is! They just don't make homes the way they used to and this one has loads of character! I love their huge tree in the front yard and their even larger tree in the back yard!

We had lots of family around to visit with and of course all 3 of my siblings were there which made the trip extra special! My sister Teri was all prepared to accept the award for coming the furthest till our aunt and uncle brought THEIR son and his wife who are here from Africa! More pictures - More visiting!

I brought back my usual August souviner from Iowa - TOMATOS!!!! Nobody can grow tomatos like Iowa can - so in turn that makes the humidity there bearable, knowing the result is those huge, red delicious tomatos! I specifically packed a special bag in my suitcase to bring some home and they made the trip just fine! It's BLT's all week!

More blogs to follow on our trip - but in the meantime, a big thank-you to Glenn's folks and Patty and Leonard for their wonderful hospitality!

No comments: