Monday, August 25, 2008

The Evan-Miester

Don't ask me where little Evan got that name - I have a feeling that Papa thought it up one day and it has just stuck!

Evan and Jessi came to visit this weekend! Gary had to work so wasn't able to come but hopefully next time..............

It was a fun weekend playing with Evan and TRYING to keep up with him - he loves the outdoors, especially being with Papa. Papa was organizing the garage - sorting all the "junk" brought out from the basement - looking through container after container of nuts, bolts, screws, nails and whatever other small objects happened to be in there. Evan was a big help - he loved dumping whatever containers he could find! He was looking through a box of blind knobs and before I knew it, he had popped one of the small ones in his mouth! He's a fast little bugger!


Evan loved playing in the sandbox too - the best part was scooping up the sand and dropping it over the side of the sandbox! Typical child! And he learned a new word this weekend - deer - Papa pointed out a deer in the yard so the rest of the weekend was spent "looking" for the deer - and of course we saw deer a couple of times so he was excited!

Coffee of course is always a given when Jessi is around, so we got some coffee to go at Florissant and then took Evan to the play park - I think he enjoyed walking in the parking lot more than the actual playground equipment!

Jessi and I basically ate most of the weekend - I made this yummy peach cobbler from a new recipe and it's definitely going in the cookbook! My, it was good! And of course we played bananagrams with Jessi beating the pants off me!

I'm always sad to see them go home - but know it won't be long before I see them again!

1 comment:

DrKeppy said...

Evan sure does love going to Nana and Papa's house! Thanks for the fun weekend!!