Thursday, October 30, 2008

And The Work Never Ends!

My, has it really been an entire week since I've blogged? Just goes to show you how BUSY life gets!

I'm REALLY excited today! My sister Patty from Iowa is flying in tonight to stay for 4 days! She has wanted to come out and see our new place for a long time but somehow last summer, it just didn't happen! But Frontier was having one of their great sales and she got a great price from Omaha to Denver! Glenn and I will be heading up there after work today to pick her up!

We've known for a couple of weeks that she was coming and decided to work extra hard on the house to get some of those things done that just had NEVER gotten done! Last weekend was WORK WEEKEND!! We both worked at least 12 hours each day on things around the house - I concentrated on clear-coating the doors, trim and door frames on the main level of the house and also scraping paint off the lower level outside windows (which was there when we bought the place!) A lot of work - a lot of sore body parts!

Glenn has been working on cleaning up around the house, chopping wood for the winter, and tiling the backsplash in the kitchen! He finished up the tiling yesterday and oh my, it looks great! Today he will take a SUPER large trailer load to the dump! It won't hurt my feelings to NOT see that pile of junk anymore!

So I'm sure the question looming in your minds is this - are you DONE with the house yet? Of course not - is one EVER done???? But we're closer and that's all that counts!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

I hope you have a great weekend with Patty - wish I could be there too. And Jay loves it when we get company - because then I get cleaning done that otherwise never gets done!