Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Continuing Saga......

I really am still around! This darn cough/cold/congestion has really put a damper on my life but I think I'm almost healthy again!

I was excited yesterday as Glenn was going to ONCE AGAIN pick up our box of column shelves to complete our entertainment center! If you recall in a previous blog, I told you our story of picking up the 3 boxes and the one box was damaged - so another was ordered and this one had mold all over the side of it - so another one was ordered which I picked up last Friday night - there was NO damage on it, hooray, but they sent 2 left sides instead of a left and a right! By this time you can about imagine how we felt - believe me, I wasn't very nice when I called customer service last Saturday. I got the standard answer, yes, we will order you another shipment and you can pick it up on Tuesday and we're sorry but we'll give you a gas credit - this time I got them up to $20!

So Glenn gets down to the place and lo and behold, there was NO DAMAGE to the box as there wasn't EVEN A BOX!!! The guy forgot to have it delivered from Denver! All I can say is I'm glad I wasn't the customer service rep working! I don't think it probably was a very pretty sight!

Our new box is to be DELIVERED to our doorstep next Monday - anybody want to take bets?

2 comments:

Teri said...

Don't hold your breathe! Especially since it sounds like you don't get much breath with that cold. Hope you are finally on the mend.

DrKeppy said...

OH goodness, I think it is time to veto American Furniture Warehouse