Friday, December 12, 2008

Traditions - Part 3

Who doesn't like to play games? It has become a little harder to do this with little ones around but we make do the best we can!

In a former blog, I explained our "Predictions" game which is an annual one we do every Christmas Eve! Jill will be bringing the "frog" and his clothes this Christmas Eve to pass on to the next winner! I actually had to peek at the predictions to see if there was anything that needed to be counted before that day and yes there was - I have to remind Jaime and Jessi to weigh their boys AND I must look at the price of gasoline at the Western Store as we drive by on Christmas Eve - trust me, after looking at our answers, Glenn and I won't have a chance of bringing the frog home this year!! Boo - Hoo! We haven't had him at our house yet!

Another one of our games usually involves Christmas carols - remember all those fun sheets where there is a picture of something and you have to relate it to a Christmas carol?? Or a written phrase of weird put together words that actually mean a carol?? Those are always fun to do and are done as couples! Rayna gets mazes and coloring pages and fun sheets to do while we're playing the games! I have a little bit different game this year which does revolve around the Christmas carols but I don't dare tell you as I wouldn't want any of the girls to get a head start on this game!

2 years ago we played The Newlywed Game - I made up a list of 50 questions and oh my, did we have fun with that! The questions were not hard, but it's really amazing how much you really DON'T know about your spouse! Luckily there were no physical altercations during the game, just a lot of VERBAL communication between the couples! Since some of them didn't do so well 2 years ago, I decided this year we would play once again - only with a twist - the SAME questions we had 2 years ago!! I can't wait to see if we do any better this year! It SHOULD be interesting!

Rayna has learned to play Mexican Train so I'm sure we'll be playing a few games of that and usually the guys end up playing Glenn's favorite game, Hunting and Fishing Trivia - gee, I wonder why he's never asked me to play that one? (Actually, I think he did ask me one year to play, providing I wasn't on his team - ha ha!)

Christmas is next week and I'm looking forward to our "game night". And I'll let you know who gets to take the "frog" home this year!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Sounds like so much fun! You should make a book of all the games you play and send it to all of us who have no imagination, what-so-ever!

DrKeppy said...

Did you know I have the actual Newlywed game? I can bring it along - some of the questions are a little racey though! :)