Monday, December 8, 2008

The TRAVEL Tree

I put our tree up over a week ago - in a different spot from last year since the TV is now in the lower level - and I like the location of the tree much better!





Decorating the tree is like a walk down memory lane! I call our Christmas tree the Travel Tree - because it's loaded with ornaments from our travels! Years ago I decided to start collecting an ornament from each vacation that we took - and now one of the most exciting parts of our trips is to buy a Christmas ornament! Not always an easy task I might add! Sometimes it takes a LOT of shopping (mainly looking) to find an ornament and many times I've had to improvise but I ALWAYS bring one home!



Our tree boasts ornaments from Paris, Venice, Switzerland, Denmark, Austria, Hungary, Germany, Canada, Jamaica, the Riveria Maya, Tulum, Puerto Vallarta, Loreto, Lapaz, Isla Mujeres, Bahia Kino and many states in the US! Come February, I'll have one from Cabo!


And my favorite ornament? That's a tough one! I know 2 of my favorite ones from Europe are a velvet bell from Paris that opens up to a miniature nativity scene and a hand-blown glass ball from Venice - a couple of my favorite ones from the states are red jingle bells in the shape of Mickey Mouse from Disneyworld and a glass ball full of shells and sand from Sanibel Island!


I love decorating the tree and reminscing about all the trips we've taken - every time I look at the tree, I see one of the "special" ornaments and the memories take over!


Come on over and see my "Travel Tree" - just be prepared to listen to my memories!

1 comment:

Teri said...

I know just how you feel. My tree is also decorated with ornaments from travels or just a special one from each year. And this year I got to help Emily set up her very first tree and hang all her ornaments (which also brought back many memories). We are not sure how we used to decorate just one tree at my house as we each have enough ornaments to fill two trees!