Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dreams

My alarm didn't go off this morning - could have been because I forgot to set it but after 30 years of setting the alarm, surely it could have gone off by itself! I awoke in a panic because when I looked out the window, it was light - darn - no time to exercise, just get up and get ready for work!

When I do sleep a little later than normal, I dream - very vivid dreams - and I usually remember them! This morning was one of those mornings - and I decided to "interrupt" my dream as it really did correlate with a lot of things I had been thinking about!

The dream: a friend and I were trying to book a mini vacation weekend with other friends and then we had to race back to some place that was having this huge production - we were late and I didn't get to see my relatives before it started - and once the production started, there were people all dressed up with painted faces and I recognized one of them as someone I hadn't seen in a long time!

The interpretation: the friend - one of my close friends had called last evening so I was thinking about her

the mini vacation - Glenn has advertized his granite business on Craigs List and he had a person email him and ask if he did any bartering as they had a hot tub to trade - we sure didn't need a hot tub so he asked if they had anything else to barter and they emailed they had timeshares they would love to trade!

the production - I listened to the Mamma Mia CD on the way to and from work yesterday and thought how fun it would have been to see the live production of this!

running late - of course my subconscious is telling me to wake up since I didn't set the alarm!

relatives - this one is a little far out but last night I had watched a short video on Facebook that my niece had done on her grandfather - it was so well done and I can't wait to see the entire thing - but seeing that reminded me of my grandparents who of course have been gone many, many years now

painted faces - Over my lunch hour yesterday I was reading an article in a new travel magazine, Afar, and it was about bar/restaurant places in Japan where gentlemen go to roleplay a fantasy of being rich and having "maids"! The "maids" are all dressed up in cute costumes and a lot of times paint their faces - it's actually all on the up and up - but it makes the guys feel important after a long day at work! Interesting article!

recognizing someone - I have a friend that lives in San Antonio that I haven't seen in a long, long time and SOMEDAY I will get down there to see her but she crossed my mind yesterday!

Well, how did I do??? Actually this one was pretty easy - most of the time I have rambling, weird ones that make no sense at all! At least it made for a good blog for the day!

1 comment:

Patty Jensen said...

Oh Becky you are so funny - you and Cheri need to get together and talk about your dreams - but you did piece it all together didn't you and actually that is how it does happen right? It was fun to read!!! :)