Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Morning Walk

What I see: a beaver in the pond below our house, hundreds of wildflowers, a deer hiding in the trees, a bunny running across the road, blue, blue sky, 2 horses grazing in their corral, horse tracks on the gravel road, lots of log homes, rock outcroppings against the mountain........

What I hear: birds chirping, the crunch of my tennis shoes on the gravel road, a truck rolling by on the highway, a hummingbird whizzing by, a barking dog, stillness............

What I feel: cold cheeks and ears from the 40 degree morning, a racing heart from climbing the big hill, burning thighs, watery eyes from the cold, a complete peace knowing the joy of walking early in the morning on a peaceful summer day............

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

40 degrees - sign me up!!! well maybe for like 60 :)

Patty Jensen said...

Whoooo eeeee - you are getting to be quite the writer!!! Love it - I could see, hear and feel it all - keep up the neat stuff!!!

Teri said...

Wish I could be there with you! Wish I had the energy to get up and walk like you do!