Thursday, August 27, 2009

Singin' The Bathing Suit Blues!

Today is August 27th - now what was it I was supposed to REMEMBER to do about the first of August???? Oh yeah, buy another swim suit because they'll be on clearance! Did I do it? Of course not - it my mind it's still JULY!!

SO after work yesterday, I raced to Colorado Springs with high hopes of picking up a swimsuit for just a few dollars - heck, I would have even paid MORE than a few dollars! But of course I was dreaming - it's August 27th - there are NO swimsuits in the entire town in my size!! (I'm exaggerating a little bit here as I only went to 5 stores)!

I was disappointed to say the least! I did buy a new swimsuit this summer when there were lots to choose from and I DID find a really cute one! But I really wanted to get another one to have for our Mexico trip. My sisters and sister-in-law seem to wear a different one each day and me, I only had a couple - and now that I've reached the "over 55" age, I have decided that the best look for me are the suits with the little skirts to hide all that unwanted flesh!!

As I was looking through each store for a suit, I was amazed to discover that there were dozens of bikini bottoms, but no tops? Now how can that be? Do people actually just buy a swimming suit top with no bottom? Beats me.............

The bottom line is that next Feb. when we take our trip - Patty, Teri and Brenda will all be sporting a cute swimsuit every day and I'll be wearing my one and only one! Sigh..................

3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Ugh - they put the summer stuff away way too fast! But at least the new suit that you got this year IS super cute!!

Teri said...

Your memory must be going too Becky as I bought a new swimsuit two years ago and none since! We just always think that everyone else's suits are cuter than our own. I will still be wearing the same one as the last two years :(

Patty Jensen said...

And MY suits are really getting old as I bought 3 or 4 one year and have worn them to death - my girls told me I need something with more support :) haha (but true I am sure) but like Becky I can't find any with or without support :) so.....who knows what I will be wearing!!!!