Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thunder and Lightning and Rain, OH MY!

WOW - what a storm we had yesterday! It rolled in just about the time I got home from work and I hurridly unloaded the groceries from the car before the real storm started!! About the time it started hailing, I remembered Glenn's tomato plants on the deck that are in pots - so I threw a coat with a hood on and ran out to rescue them - and yes, I got soaked doing it too but no matter!

As the hail and the rain were coming down, I wondered if a picture would turn out so I tried it - and it didn't come out TOO bad!

Have you ever stood in a home with vaulted ceilings and a metal roof during a hailstorm?? Glenn and I were actually shouting at each other to be heard!


I ran upstairs after a while, realizing the bedroom window was wide open - yup, a really wet carpet! And then I noticed the water cutting a huge channel at the side of the main road - of course it was running at the bottom of our driveway too so it was a bit bumpy getting out of the driveway this morning!
But what I love best about thunderstorms in the mountains is this: The pictures above and the rainbow below were taken at the same time - just from 2 different spots! It can be hailing and raining like crazy and yet the sun will be peeking through the clouds producing a rainbow! The rainbow picture is not great, merely because I had to take it through the window as it was raining too hard to go outside!

I do love thunderstorms but was disappointed the storm came through last night as there was a full moon - and we love to get in the hot tub with a full moon - maybe tonight?
...........................
When Glenn went outside this morning down to his truck, he came back and said there were bear tracks out there! I haven't seen a bear at this house yet - but I guess they're around! Just don't hold your breath for a picture!

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

It's a double rainbow - SO cool!!!

We have been having random crazy storms like that too. Two days ago it started thundering & lightning at 5 pm and a major downpour happened and then it was clear at 6 pm!!!

DrKeppy said...

Those are great pictures! Send the storms this way - it's too hot here!

Teri said...

We haven't had a decent storm in ages. What fun to sit through one - and the best thing is they really don't last too long!