Sunday, August 30, 2009

Good-Bye August!

WOW - August is on its' way out and my favorite month is approaching!! (That would be September just in case you didn't know!) As much as I don't want to see summer end, I am excited about my favorite season of the year that's coming right up! Hot apple cider, golden aspen leaves, pumpkins, snow on the peak, cool crisp mornings.............................

Thursday night the summer decorations were put away - and the fall decorations came out - yes, I know I'm a little early but since I wanted it done BEFORE Sept. arrived, I decided to just do it! I had purchased 3 fall items at Hobby Lobby on Wed. night and they look just like I expected them to - fantastic!

Friday was a rough day at work - I like the afternoons to be nice and slow and Friday was anything BUT that!! By 4:30, I was darn ready to get out of there and friends Martin and Joleen picked up Glenn at our house and then came by the office to pick me up - Joleen had driven her mustang convertible and had the top down so I hopped in the back with Glenn and we cruised on down to Wines of Colorado! Did some wine tasting and had a great meal! It was a wonderful way to end my busy day!

I met the choir girls on Saturday afternoon and we drove to Cripple Creek to see the production of "The Fantasticks" -they have a neat theater there where they do melodramas in the fall, a Halloween show, a Christmas show and a couple of productions during the summer! I can't say the production we saw was one of my favorites, but the crew did a great job and their voices were amazing!

After the show, we went next-door to this HUGE second-hand/antique place that was fixed up so cute - we wandered around and discovered they had a tea room in the back and that's where we settled in. They had lovely decorated tables with lace tablecloths and dainty napkins - we all ordered tea (a list of about 15 different types to choose from) along with scones and lemon cake. The tea was delicious and served in delicate scalloped edged cups and our sweets were ate with a tiny fork - what fun we had just sitting there visiting and enjoying the lovely atmosphere! Definitely a place for a "women's" bunch to go and we will go back!

And today (Sunday), Glenn and I attended our first annual homeowner's association ice cream social and meeting! We met a lot of really nice people and even though the meeting was long, it was informative and interesting! There's a bunch that gets together every month, either at someone's home or at a restaurant and we were invited to go along so we'll have to do that one of these times!

Glenn has informed me that he's watching a football game tonight - ALREADY??? - can it POSSIBLY be football season ALREADY??? I think I just might have a book that needs to be finished tonight............

1 comment:

Teri said...

What a fun weekend! I should be ready to enjoy fall but I feel like I never got any summer to enjoy. Guess I need to get my head thinking fall and then I could enjoy this weather!