Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Camera Crazy!!


What do you think of my new camera????? Cute isn't it - and sharp looking - and SMALL AND SKINNY!!!! It arrived yesterday and I was SO excited when I got home from work to test it out!! A big THANK YOU to Robby - whenever I need some type of electronic, I just tell him what I want, what features I need, and what price range and he does ALL the research and even orders it for me, delivered right to my house!! You just can't beat that!!
So far I LOVE this little camera - it's a Canon SD1400 IS model - and perfect for what I need it for!! The BEST part of course is just setting it on "Auto" and it will automatically adjust and focus on its' own. Of course if you do want to do settings yourself, that's all available but I never do that - I'm just a point and shoot type of person!!
Just charging the battery and figuring out how to load it and the memory card was challenging to me - I'm not only lousy at figuring out that type of stuff but I'm not too good at reading and deciphering directions either!! But I manged to get that part done and then pushed the button to turn it on - nothing - I pressed and pressed - nothing - hmmmmmmmm - I figured I had put the battery in wrong so double checked that and I did have it right - so I peeked at the manual again and found the problem - I'm hitting the shutter button instead of the on/off button - duh!!
At that point, I sat down and read about the camera BEFORE I did anything else - and realized there wasn't much I needed to know - I could turn it off and on, I knew where the zoom button was and I knew how to review the picture, once I had taken it!! So I started snapping everything in sight - believe me, it's pretty boring just snapping pictures around the house and outside since there were no people to take photos of!! (Actually Jessi had told me on the phone on my way home that I was welcome to drive to Denver and take pics of her and the kids but I politely declined that offer!!)
Below are 3 random pictures (although you get to see our new swing) taken with the new camera!! So far I'm impressed with the quality of them!! I called Robby later on and he instructed me how to hook the camera up to my new laptop and download the pictures - some practice is needed to get them over to my picture files but I'm sure I'll get it all figured out in due time!!



Now I'm sure you're wondering how I took the pictures of the NEW camera!! As you recall, the battery from our old camera is now fish bait at the bottom of the ocean. When I went into Radio Shack in Sitka, Alaska, the guy told me a new battery would be $50.00. Since I had dropped the camera and didn't even know if it would work, I had decided to wait until we went to Denver again and try one of their batteries (3 of us have the exact, same camera) to make sure before I went to the expense. Unbeknownst to be, Glenn had gotten on the computer and found a place to order the battery - 2 of them in fact - for the price of $13.00 (WOW!!!) Wouldn't you know it, they arrived yesterday too and after I charged up the battery and stuck it in the camera, IT WORKED JUST FINE!!! Can you believe it, we're now a 2 camera family!!

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

Your new camera is SOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!

Teri said...

Glad you have a new one and of course getting the old one to work is great too! Now you can go picture crazy!

DrKeppy said...

LOVE the new look :) I am impressed with the picture quality too! That's great that you found batteries so cheap - now Glenn will have his own camera to take on his hunting adventures!