Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Early Celebrating!!

Sitting by the creek on the patio of a Mexican restaurant, sipping raspberry margaritas - that was the agenda last evening as the "church ladies" met to celebrate an early birthday for me!!

Because the 4 of us are pretty "travel crazy" ladies, we had to meet early as everyone but me is heading out on vacation - one to Alaska for 2 months, one to Germany and then to Norway, and one to the Ukraine for a mission trip!! I already had my 2 trips so I'm home for awhile.........

We drove to Colorado Springs to eat at Amanda's Fonda - the food isn't super fantastic but you just can't beat sitting outside by the creek!! They enjoyed looking at my Alaska scrapbook that I've started and after all of THEIR trips, we'll have a LOT more pictures to enjoy once they all return!

The evening ended with a huge piece of rum cake with whipped cream being served to me and all the waiters singing Happy Birthday!! A great start for the first day of summer!!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Sounds wonderful! I love sitting outside to eat - the thing I loved most when we were in Italy.