Wednesday, June 30, 2010

They're STILL Here!

Just a quick update on the moth situation: yes, they're still around - yes, we're still catching a lot of them in the soapy water during the night -no, I'm still not able to read up in bed at night!!

I did TRY one night to read - I had the vaccum right beside the bed and as soon as 3 or 4 would swoop down, I'm turn on the vaccum and chase them around the lampshade for awhile but would eventually suck them up!! I continued to do this 4 or 5 times until Glenn (who was trying to sleep) got a little irritated with the vaccum noise!! At that point, I got up out of bed and went to the lower level to read!

ON a brighter note, I saw the first fawn of the season out my kitchen window a couple of days ago - of course I grabbed the camera and tried to sneak up on him but that didn't work!! He was a cutie though and I hope there are more around soon!!

We also have a bunny that seems to be living on the property now!! I've seen him a couple of times, once even coming out of our 2nd garage - not sure what he found in there but maybe that's where he's living! Now if he would only eat the moths..........

2 comments:

Teri said...

Little by little maybe they will disappear. Can't wait for your fawn pics!

DrKeppy said...

Oh the moths, the moths, the moths.... let's hope their stay is short lived!!