Sunday, June 6, 2010

Random Thoughts On A Sunday Afternoon!

Even though it's pretty hot out today, the sun keeps going under clouds and there's a nice breeze coming in the windows - summer has arrived in the mountains!

Tidbits going on:

a) Glenn has been working some hellish hours lately - one day he left at 5:30am and arrived home at midnight! I feel sorry for him but I really can't help him out either! Taking the trip to Alaska, and now a trip to Iowa on Thursday and then ANOTHER trip back to Iowa the next weekend for his 40th class reunion has put some timely demands on him!!

b) I scrapbooked ALL DAY yesterday!! WOW - it was SO much fun - I scrapped our trip to Cozumel in Feb. -secretly I was hoping to get it done in order to take the pages back to Iowa since all of us will be there, but I really didn't have high hopes of getting it done - but I actually finished it all yesterday!!

c) The lilacs at the office are JUST about ready to bloom - that figures, since I'll be gone for 5 days - let's hope they last and last and last!!

d) I picked up the last batch of pictures from our Alaska trip - I was worried since they were taken on a disposable camera but they actually turned out pretty good!! Since the 4 of us girls are having a scrapbooking weekend in a couple of weeks, Alaska will be on my list to do!!

e) Yesterday was our annual city-wide garage sale which is held at the high school parking lot! Glenn and I went out for breakfast and then went to the sale together, driving 2 cars as he had to head to work! There were rows and rows of great bargains - but I just really didn't need anything!! I did end up with 2 books, 2 childrens books, 2 to go cups (we seems to have lost all of ours!!) and a little riding toy that should work for Mackenzie this summer and Aleah next summer! Glenn was thrilled to find a bunch of pots (it's time for him to replant all of his seedlings that are now TALL) and also a couple pair of rubber boots that he uses at the granite shop! The best part of the sale is talking to all of the people you see.............

f) I've got baby back ribs in the crockpot and the smell is about to drive me crazy!! I think I'll put some potatos and beans in the oven and make it an easy meal!! I also bought some strawberries this morning - think I'll have some dacquiris ready when Glenn gets home!

g) We've seen one doe hanging around the property lately, definitely pregnant - I'll keep watch for that new baby fawn or fawns!!! Freckles and Speckles still come around a lot too and the triplets are in the area also - of course they're all pretty good size now!!

h) We have several stoplights now in Woodland Park but the most major one is one that connects onto another highway and also into the shopping center. I had gotten some groceries on Friday morning and was turning right to head to the office. I stopped at the light and the car beside me stopped, and then promptly turned LEFT on a red light!! I couldn't believe it!! Luckily there was no accident but I'm sure a few of the cars that had to stop weren't happy!!

Wednesday night we head to Denver to spend the night before flying out early Thursday morning with Jill, Robby and Aleah to Iowa!! We have a car rented and Glenn's folks are the first stop of our 5 day trip!! Jaime's and Jessi's are driving out too on Saturday so we're going to have one heck of a family reunion next weekend!! Lots of pics and posts to come......

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

I'm so excited to hear about your Iowa trip and see pictures! I'm sad I won't be there!

You should take some pics of your scrapbook pages - I'd love to see them!!!

DrKeppy said...

All sorts of stuff! I can't wait to scrapbook with you! It's so weird to me that your lilacs haven't bloomed yet - ours are already gone :(

Teri said...

Can't wait to hear about the new deer! And soon I will get to see you! Good luck on your flight!