Monday, July 19, 2010

Grandkids - You Just GOTTA Love Em'

It was babysitting weekend up in Denver - Jaime was working all weekend and Brad was in Mexico fishing - Jessi had continuing education classes and Gary is on a night training shift - so it was Nana to the rescue!!

Denver was HOT - HOT - HOT!! Now I remember why I live in the mountains! And Denver also has mosquitos which I found out by accident when I got up early and went for a walk in SHORTS!! The backs of my legs started itching so I looked around and there were 2 of the tiniest mosquitos just eating away on my legs!! Scratch, walk, scratch, walk - enough of that - I headed back to the house!!

Both days actually went VERY well - I took Rayna and Kylan to see "Despicable Me" - a really cute movie that I highly recommend!! Kylan was excellent, even after getting seated in a packed theater and the manager coming in and telling us there was a mix-up so the movie wouldn't start for another 20 minutes!! (But the next movie is FREE - due to the inconvenience!!)

We played - we did crafts - we bowled on the WII - made Rice Krispie bars - watched a movie - played in the yard - went to Sprouts to shop (I forgot what it was like to have a 3 year old in a store who won't sit in the cart) - went to Caribou for a coffee to regain my sanity after being in Sprouts - and generally just had a good time!! I think I loved their naps the best - (just kidding!)


Kylan had gotten a talking teapot and him and Kenzie looked so cute sitting on the steps pretending to have tea - but it was tough not allowing him to put water in the teapot!!

Only one tragedy - the boys were outside playing, throwing things up in the air - I had already yelled at them a couple of times but of course they didn't quit - Jessi and I were sitting at the table and I could see outside - suddenly Kylan starts crying and actually sits down - we didn't think much about it till a minute later when Evan starts screaming and is totally freaked out - we race out there - Kylan is still sitting on the ground with blood dripping off the entire one side of his face!! I quickly grabbed him and rushed into the kitchen sink where we got a washcloth to at least wipe the blood off his face and to try and assess the damage - too much hair, too much blood - so we whisked him upstairs to the shower and after pouring water over and over on his head, saw that he had a pretty good scrape and lump - it's amazing how head wounds bleed - but the cut wasn't deep and after oozing for quite a while, it scabbed over and he seemed fine - I was exhausted................
Jessi and I DID run to Kohl's at 7:00am on Sat. morning as there was a huge sale (isn't there always????) and we had a 30% discount card - the only thing on my list were some new "Mexico" shirts for Glenn - I'm getting quite tired of seeing him in the same shirts, year after year after year!!! I found him 4 really nice shirts - and he loves them all so that makes me happy!!
So I made it through the weekend with flying colors and the girls might actually ask me to babysit again sometime!!
PS - I almost forgot two things - the funniest thing that happened: I wore shorts on Sunday and I rarely wear them because I have bad spider veins on my thighs - Rayna saw them and her eyes got big and she asked what they were so I told her - and her reply was "that's too bad Nana, but I LOVE the color" - gee thanks, I didn't know purple thighs were in fashion!! #2 thing - the sweetest thing - I had just put Kylan up on the stool to potty and he wrapped his arms around my neck and leaned into me and said "I love you Nana" Ah.............

4 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Thanks again for babysitting my munchkins on Sunday and letting us hang out with you on Saturday evening when it was 100 degrees out! Oh and KYLAN got the teapot (which I know you know but you put Evan!). We love having Nana to the rescue :)

Patty Jensen said...

Loved the spider vein story and your last one about Kylan saying he loved you - oh so funny and oh so sweet - makes it all worthwhile doesn't it?

ahh bear said...

This makes me tired just reading about all you did - and I have two little ones! Maybe it will forewarn my mom!!

Becky Raymond said...

Thanks Jessi for the correction - I DID go in and change it so years from now I won't think that I didn't know their correct names!!