Tuesday, July 27, 2010

One More Project To Cross Off The List!!!

I LOVE the rock on the back of our house - a project that FINALLY could get crossed off the list!! Glenn tells me that grouting still needs to be done between the rocks but to me it looks fine just the way it is!! Sure gives the house a more "finished" look!!

In other news, sister Patty has been commenting on Facebook about the bat she had in her house, along with my niece Emily who also is dealing with bats - I've just been chuckling and reminiscing about the times we've had a bat in the house and thanking my lucky stars it's not ME!!! I spoke too soon - this morning both of us woke up to the sound of crunching gravel outside the window - it was about 5:00 so still quite dark but I got up and peeked out, assuming it was the bear, but didn't see a thing!! (When we went out to walk later, we saw deer tracks in the wet gravel so it wasn't the bear after all!!)

SO I snuggled back down under the covers, only to hear Glenn say a few minutes later - there's a bat flying around the bedroom - what is this??? The time of the year that bats just like to come in and annoy you??? It's bad enough to have a bat flying around your living room but to know there's one in your bedroom is a little creepy!!

Glenn found him later, hiding up in the rafters - with our open bedroom and tall, tall roofline, this could be VERY interesting trying to capture a bat........... I can hardly wait to try and sleep tonight...........

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

It looks great! Oh my goodness would I be nervous about a bat!!!

DrKeppy said...

The wall looks fantastic!

Remember the bat in the old house that committed suicide in the bathroom? Maybe your bat will do the same!

Teri said...

The wall is fantastic - wow! And I guess I should cross my fingers about getting a bat since everyone else is getting them! Good luck!