Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Memories of A Great Birthday!

These are the wonderful memories I will remember from July 13th, 2010:



1) A beautiful day with a high of 86 in Woodland Park - WOW - that's warm!!

2) My boss taking me to lunch in Grn. Mtn. Falls at the Mucky Duck where they serve the BEST tomato bisque soup I have ever eaten!! The chicken salad sandwich was great too, and of course a birthday isn't complete without chocolate cake smothered in chocolate syrup and whip cream!

3) Calls from friends and family

4) Dinner with Glenn at Carrabba's where I had the filet florentine steak which is the BEST steak I have ever eaten!! I also had a pomegranate martini which was delicious!! And I have enough leftovers from the meal for 2 lunches - hooray!!

5) Shopping after dinner so Glenn could buy me a present and finding exactly what I wanted: a travel scrapbook and 2 pairs of capris!!

6) Also finding 4th of July clearance items at Kohl's - one can NEVER have too many decorations!

7) How about a 4th of July t-shirt at Michael's for $1.49!!! Now why didn't I buy a bunch of them???

8) Driving home and seeing the moon which was a huge white sliver in the sky - peeking in and out of the clouds!

9) Knowing that today I'm being taken out for lunch by one of my best friends!

What a great birthday !!

3 comments:

DrKeppy said...

Mmmm steak! Glad your birthday was great! And I'm glad you found a travel scrapbook - I looked and looked and looked.... My Michaels was all out of the 4th of July shirts - darn!

Teri said...

Sounds just perfect! I was thinking of you even though I didn't call. Will try to reach you this weekend as we have the long car ride to the UP!

Patty Jensen said...

Just got done with a lot of your blogs - loved the rainbow pics and your family pic is so good - tshirts you got were so cute - loved the words - you have had some neat weekends!!!