Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Riverwalk - San Antonio #4

After the Alamo, it was on to the Riverwalk!! I'd heard a lot of comments about the beautiful Riverwalk in San Antonio and I have to agree - it's one special place!! Walking, you just kind of wind around and around right beside the water, with shops and restaurants on each side! Here's a picture of Helen and Joe before we took our ride!

I was lucky enough to be the first person to get on our boat so I sat at the very back which to me was perfect because the boat was going in that direction, hence I had no one blocking my camera shots!!

It was a pretty ride - lots of foilage and trees to see, along with all the people walking along the Riverwalk! Our guide pointed out the things of interest and I snapped shots as fast as I could!

Helen says it's beautifully decorated at Christmas - I can only imagine!!

After the Riverwalk it was time for chow!! We ate at Pat O'Brien's and decorated ourselves with the Mardi Gras beads that were on the table!! The grandkids love to wear these when they come to visit so now I'll have a handful more to put in the toybox!!

Our evening consisted of looking at more pictures, eating pizza and drinking wine (yes, we finished one more bottle!), and watching a couple of movies!! Even though we had seen it before, Helen and I laughed and laughed together watching "New In Town" which is set up in Minnesota!! Only a true midwesterner can appreciate that movie!! And after I told her how good "Letters To Juliet" was, we ran to Blockbusters and watched it too!!

I enjoyed church the next morning where both Joe and Helen sing and play in their praise band - and after a delicious brunch, it was time to head to the airport - yes, all good things must come to an end!! But Joe had one more photo opp for us!! These boots are famous in San Antonio so a picture in front of them was a MUST!!


Thank you Helen and Joe for a simply marvelous time!! I enjoyed each and every minute with the two of you and I hope someday I can return the hospitality when you come to Colorado!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

The riverwalk looks awesome - I never even actually realized what it was! Glad you had a great time!

Teri said...

Sounds like so much fun!