Monday, October 18, 2010

San Antonio - Part 1

The suitcase is unpacked and the clothes are slowly getting washed and dried so it must be time to blog about my trip to San Antonio!!

I worked till noon last Thursday and then took my boss out for lunch since it was going to be Boss's Day on that Saturday! And then I was off to the airport in Colorado Springs! I chose to fly out of the Springs not only since it's closer and easier to park, but I dreaded the thought of driving to Denver and fighting the traffic by myself!

My flight left on time and I was into Dallas pretty much on time too - but my connecting flight was in a completely different wing of the airport! I really thought it would be in the same terminal but no such luck - so it was a fast walk to the tram and then a LONG walk to the gate - I was starving of course by this time and when I found the gate, they were already boarding! But I decided to take a chance and get a burger to eat on the plane which worked out just fine!

And then I arrived in San Antonio!!

It's always tough landing at an airport in the dark because you can never quite get your bearings but then again, I have no sense of direction anyway! I was actually scared when I got off that plane, wondering if I would recognize Helen in person!!! And I later found out that she was thinking the same thoughts - after all, it had been between 15 and 20 years since we had seen each other!!! But there she was, looking JUST THE SAME as I always remembered her!!

Oh my - it was SO GOOD to finally connect after all these years!! And it was great to meet her husband Joe - he's quite the character!! There was SO MUCH to talk about and we just sat at their kitchen table and talked a mile a minute for the next couple of hours - we DID let Joe get a word in every now and then!!



We had a fun filled 2 days planned so I retired to the guest room and slept great that first night, despite the fact that I had left Colorado with a sore throat and cough!

To be continued....................

2 comments:

Teri said...

I wondered where you had been. Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

DrKeppy said...

How fun to see a friend after all that time! I'd be nervous I wouldn't recognize them either! :)