Tuesday, October 19, 2010

San Antonio Fun - #3

Another beautiful day in San Antonio!! Joe was going to join us on Saturday for the "tour" of downtown!! But FIRST - we had to find LuLu's Cafe!!

When Jaime found out I was flying to San Antonio, she called and told me I HAD to find LuLu's and eat a cinnamon roll - not just ANY cinnamon roll but a 3 1/2# one!!! She was watching the Travel Channel one night and this place was #9 on the list - famous for its chicken fried steak and LARGE cinnamon rolls!!

So Joe put the address into his GPS and we were off on an adventure!! And yes, we found the place - a cute cafe with large painted drawings on the windows!

And the inside - one of those "home type" places where the waitressess are SO friendly!! Of course we had to tell the waitress our story of how we FOUND this place and we ordered coffees and ONE cinnamon roll!!

In the meantime, another couple walked in who were from Ohio and we started visiting with them - they were here for the same reason - their SON had watched the Travel Channel and insisted THEY come here also so we all got a chuckle out of that!! And before we knew it, our cinnamon roll had arrived - or should I say cake???

Believe me, it was ONE HUGE CINNAMON ROLL!! More than enough for the 3 of us - we ate what we could and took the rest home in a box!! Here's Joe digging in.................

Joe insisted on buying Jaime a t-shirt from LuLu's and I'll be delivering it to her in a little over a week!! What a great time we had there!!
Next it was on to the Alamo - lots of history here and it was interesting to not only read about what happened, but to see a short movie on it also! I think everyone has heard of "The Alamo" but not a lot remember what actually happened there!


They had a great store there for souviners and I picked out my other item I collect, a bookmark! There is a HUGE oak tree out back that was sprawled all over the place - not sure I have ever seen a tree this large!! I couldn't begin to capture all the limbs that went out for dozens of feet!


And then it was on the The Riverwalk............ To be continued..............

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

I'm having fun on your travels!! I SO want one of those cinnamon rolls - there was a place in the UP that had amazing cinnamon rolls too - the Hilltop - YUM!

DrKeppy said...

Wow I know you said the cinnamon roll was big but WOW! That's amazing! Love the pictures!

Teri said...

You didn't bring back the rest of the cinnamon roll for Jaime? That would have been fun :) I was there many many years ago as part of a youth group trip - I vaguely remember the Alamo and River Walk so this is fun to hear about again!