Monday, October 4, 2010

Mueller State Park

Jaime and the kids came down for the weekend while Brad was hunting - and while Glenn was working!

Friday during the wee hours of the night, Kylan was sick - yup, the whole deal - vomiting and diarrhea - poor thing - he seemed to feel fine the next day but to play it safe, we kept him on crackers, toast and diluted juice the entire day!

We did go ahead and take him to the movies with us since he seemed to be OK - but the movie was one I would NEVER watch again and would suggest not seeing!! It was called "Legend of the Guardians" and was about owls - of course the previews looked cute but the actual movie was dark and scarey!! I had to cover Kylan's eyes several times and we really should have just walked out of the movie because it was just not a good one for kids!

But we did watch 2 great movies on DVD - Leap Year and Letters To Juliet - yes, both chick flicks and WELL worth watching if you haven't seen them!!

Sunday we took the kids to Mueller State Park as they have a children's trail that I thought would be cute - of course admission to the state park is $6.00 but because Jaime drove and has disabled veterans' plates, we got in for free - hooray!!!

About the time we went through the gate, Kylan fell asleep - figures - so Jaime sat in the car while Rayna and I did the trail and then I sat in the car while Jaime did the trail with Rayna again!! OF course Kylan woke up and wanted to do it too - oh well, we got our exercise for the day!!

One of the things on the trail was to see how far you could jump - Rayna did the best of course - I barely made it to the first animal!!

Then we headed up to the visitor's center where they have several things for the kids to do and lots of animals to see (taxidermist style)! Kylan picked up one of the phones where a story was being told and kept saying, hello??? hello???


The kids got to trace animal tracks at several different stations and they enjoyed seeing all the different things at the center!


Back at the house, we went out to the deck to drink our coffee and when I went out, a huge fly flew in the house so I said, "I'll have to dig out my flyswatter and find that fly" to which Kylan prompty responds, "You'll have to use a shovel!!"
Jaime lost her sunglasses and a hair towel she had brought down for me to keep at our house - we searched and searched and searched - and just couldn't find either item!! Jaime called me later on last night and said the items had been found - in RAYNA'S suitcase!! At least now I can verify there isn't a ghost in the house!!
Oh, the other weird thing that happened: Ebby (their dog) of course couldn't go with us to the park so she was left on our deck and porch with the gate SHUT so she couldn't escape. When we arrived home, no Ebby - I thought for sure she had jumped the gate - Jaime and Rayna started yelling and looking for her and I went in to drop my purse off and guess what! Ebby is in the house - all the doors are shut - hmmmmmmmmmm................... Maybe we DO have a ghost!!

3 comments:

ahh bear said...

That's a great pic of Jaime and the kids! That sounds like a fun day!!

Teri said...

What a great place to go! So nice you get to spend so much time with the g-kids!

DrKeppy said...

LOL at Kylan and the phone - he cracks me up! Too bad he was sick - that is NEVER fun - I am sure Jaime appreciated the help though! Your picture really turned out well! If Brad was in the one I'd say it'd be a great Christmas card pic. Speaking of which - shall we try and do one of you, Glenn, and the munchkins this weekend?!