Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Day At The Pool!

Relaxation Day - at least for some of us!! Glenn and Jim headed out on their fishing trip while the rest of us SLEPT IN!! After all, isn't that what you're supposed to do on vacation??


But with the sun beckoning, I just HAD to get out of bed - I decided it was a great day for taking some photos around the resort! Apparently Patty had the same day as I soon met her and we walked around together and took our annual "sisters' picture"!! (WE MISSED YOU TERI!!)

Even though we never tried out the hammocks - as I could just see myself attempting to get into one and then falling right on my tailbone again - they looked so pristine just lazily blowing in the wind! And made for an awesome picture since no one was up and about yet!!


I always enjoy taking photos of the pool reflections and the morning was perfect since there a lot of clouds around!!


I did forget to say earlier that I WAS up at the crack of dawn to save a "bed" at the beach - the actual loungers were really not that comfortable, especially on my tailbone, so I had decided the night before that I would get up no MATTER WHAT to reserve a bed!! After checking at 5:00am and deciding that was TOO early, I waited until 5:30 and sure enough, saw the guy putting the towels on the beds - once the towels are DOWN, then you just spread them out and lay your magazines on them to reserve it!! I was right behind the towel guy putting my stuff out at 5:35am and then it was back to bed...............



We hit the pool area after breakfast and proceeded to spend the majority of the day there! Yes, there was a waiter bringing us our drinks of the day and the snack bar was open to get chips and guacamole so we never really ate lunch ! These loungers in the water were actually not that uncomfortable!!


The guys had a great time fishing and Jim caught a pretty large red snapper, along with some smaller ones caught by Glenn. They took them all to the chef to prepare our dinner and it was one fantastic fish feed with lots of garlic butter to smother the fish in - AWESOME!!! The cerviche ahead of the main course was great too!!

Another glorious day in paradise...............

2 comments:

Teri said...

Looks wonderful! Miss you too!

DrKeppy said...

Oh you got some really good pictures - I especially love the hammock one!! Too bad you couldn't sit in it! The fish looks mighty tasty too!