Saturday, February 19, 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away!!

We woke up to the sound of rain – and I remembered that I had heard it raining most of the night – rain, on vacation???? Apparently so……

I had brought an umbrella – yes, a small one that fits quite nicely in my luggage and is stowed with my “travel gear”. We headed to breakfast at the buffet and at that point, also found the coffee place – that had to be one of the perks of this resort – a special little internet café where you could get your coffee – fantastic!!

Since the rain didn’t look like it was going to stop, we decided to get our “duties” out of the way! First was a meeting with the Apple representative for any questions on the resort and what could have turned out to be a LONG seminar about all of the excursions!! I had done my homework in advance and stopped him right when he started his spiel – the ONLY thing we had planned on doing was the “Xplor” adventure day on Monday! But we hadn’t yet decided if we were going to book through him or through the resort so we quickly got away and told him we’d be back later!

Next on the agenda was our annual farm meeting – the REAL reason for our trip!! It was great to find out that everything farming wise was going just fine! And we also celebrated Brenda’s upcoming 50th birthday!! Our afternoon was free – except it was still raining………….

Patty and I booked the Xplor trip – more on that later and while the rest of the gang played some pool and hung out in the Sports Bar, I took the opportunity to go back to the room and rest a little bit – yes, my tailbone was still extremely sore!! And I was sporting a huge purple bruise on one side of my hip!

I made it back to the Sports Bar for the end of the “Tequila Tasting” session!! It was a fun event for the rest of them and since I’m not a tequila drinker, I didn’t mind missing it!!




Dinner that night was at Cin-Cin, Mediterranean cooking!! We all dressed up as we usually do for one night and the decor in the restaurant was hot pink – WOW – we all enjoyed our meal but decided that it wasn’t as good as the Mexican the night before, except for the dessert!!

As we strolled past the lobby, we could see a band playing so stopped in and we were sure glad we did –we danced and danced till they stopped playing – what a fun night!
We found this cute little guy sitting on our bathroom vanity – and enjoyed having our bed “turned down” for us with a program of the next days’ activities waiting for us!

2 comments:

ahh bear said...

I'm having fun being "on vacation" with you!!

DrKeppy said...

Wow look at you in that little black dress!!!! I love it!! Must be new? You look fantastic! Too bad for the rain but sounds like you had lots of fun anyway!