Saturday, February 19, 2011

SUNSHINE - But More Important, NEWS FROM HOME!

Sun was streaming through the window when I woke up – hooray, the rain had stopped –it was cloudy out at times but who cared – we were just excited to see the sun!

I had brought the laptop with us as we had free internet access in our room but didn’t check my email that morning – we headed to the preferred lounge to meet everybody as we were going to breakfast at the French restaurant, a perk of the preferred members! When I walked into the lounge I saw Patty sitting at a computer there and when I looked at the look on her face, I immediately said, “Jill had the baby, didn’t she?” And of course Patty replied yes!! Oh my, a million emotions raced through my mind but of course the main one was, I wasn’t there – once again……….we raced back to the room to call Jill and I realized I did NOT have her cell phone number as I hadn’t brought my phone, only Glenn’s! So I called Jaime who of course was still sleeping and visited with her a minute to find out if all was OK and later on that morning, Jill called!! What a relief to hear her voice and her announcement that Parker Alan had been born early that morning, Feb. 13th and weighed 6# 14 oz!! 2 weeks early! Jill and Parker were doing great and it had been an easy delivery which relieved my mind!! Congratulations Robby and Jill – now you have 2 beautiful children, a perfect baby boy and an adorable baby girl!! I would have loved to have been “beamed” home for a few hours in order to hold our new grandson!!




We enjoyed our “French” breakfast and quickly changed to our swimsuits to sit in the sun – ah, that glorious warm sun!! Each day there was a new “drink of the day”, one non-alcoholic and one with alcohol and every day we usually tried both!! Some were fantastic, others we weren’t as fond of!!

The infinity pool on our side was gorgeous and WARM!!! Most of the places we stay in Mexico have unheated pools but this one was heated so it was a joy to be in! With books in hand, we easily passed the morning away!



Glenn and Jim knew they wanted to fish so took off for the little town of Puerto Morales to find a captain to take them out! We girls followed later in a taxi to do our shopping! It was time to find vanilla this year as both Jessi and I were almost out and I searched for the brand she wanted but couldn’t find it – another brand would have to do!

And then it was back to the pool – and then down to the beach – and too soon, time to take the suits off and dress for dinner! This night we dined at the Italian restaurant, Capers!! Because it was rather busy, we opted to sit outside instead of waiting for a table inside – which would have been fine if the weather had been a little warmer that night!! But it was pretty cool out and most of us were pretty chilly by the time we were finished! A great meal, especially dessert!

We slept soundly that night after all that wonderful sun………………and a great soak in the hot tub!

No comments: