Sunday, February 20, 2011

Homeward Bound....................

Is it really time to go home? Can our 5 nights and 6 days REALLY be over? I guess it is because the check-out note was slid under our door during the night............


One last buffet breakfast - one last coffee - one last look at the ocean -but it's all OK because we have a new grandson that needs to be seen just as soon as possible!!!


We packed up our bags and headed to the lobby for our transfer to the airport!! The lobby was one huge building with the most beautiful water arrangement right in the middle! The pictures don't really do it justice but the water was shimmering over the edge constantly!



Before we knew it, our transfer arrived and we headed to the airport!


Checking in was a swift process this time!! And after we piled our luggage with the guys, it was off to shop!! If you recall, I have stated before that the BEST place to find my Christmas ornament is right at the airport - and this year was NO exception!! I found the cutest sombrero - an ornament I had never seen before so quickly purchased it along with some cute bracelets that Patty had found!

As I'm looking around, guess what is RIGHT in front of me?? The vanilla that Jessi wants!! She had told me that the one she wanted had 5 suns on the front and sure enough, that was the one!! Even though I had already bought 3 vanillas, I purchased another one to give to Jessi - after all, she's the baker in the family and I'll get to taste a LOT of her special baking with the vanilla!!

Our flight home was uneventful and the layover in Dallas wasn't bad - customs was a breeze to get through and it was nice having almost 3 hours so we didn't need to run to catch our next flight!! We all had a bite to eat before catching our respective planes home.........

What a great trip!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Sounds like a great trip and what fun to return to a new grandchild!

DrKeppy said...

That fountain looks really neat! It's too bad vacations have to come to an end.... I am excited about mexico vanilla again!