Saturday, June 9, 2012

Another Relaxing Day............

These top 2 pictures seem to be hooked together!!  Isn't the top one cute?  It's attached to a large round wall at Sea Coffee where I once again got my morning coffee!!  Glenn was off to fish again - and of course I got to sleep in!!  The coffee was so good yesterday that I decided to go ahead and do another walk by the ocean and get some!!  It didn't seem as hot today so I actually drank my coffee on one of the many benches by the ocean!!

I'm trying to remember what I even did  yesterday!!  It's a good thing I'm blogging daily as I would NEVER remember once I got home!!  Walking around the streets of Loreto and seeing the people go about their daily lives helps you to remember that you ARE on vacation!!

Here's a picture of just a little bit of the vegetation at the small resort we're staying at!! They water everything daily and it all looks so healthy and lush!!

When I sit out on my patio, there is a tree that hangs over the lattice work on top of the patio and all these red flowers blow down on you - it's so pretty!!!  So when I was taking my walk, I actually saw the same tree and could get a better picture of it!!

I spent the day doing exactly what I did the day before - sitting in the sun a few minutes and then under the umbrella by the pool, reading and swimming!!  Such a life.............

The guys were back MUCH earlier than the day before!!  Glenn came and got me and again told me to bring the camera as he had caught a couple of fish!!!  Right.............
Between the 3 fisherman (the captain is squatting in front with his grandson) they caught 21 yellowtail!!!  They wouldn't even all fit on the hooks!!  You can bet the guys were all smiles!!!  They figured the total weight was around 450# for all of them!!!

So guess what I was doing the rest of the afternoon - yup, packaging up fish!!!  But of course we didn't bring enough freezer bags so 3 huge bowls of fish sat in the frig overnight waiting for us to buy bags!!

We took our fish up early to Mita Gourmet at the square so the chef could prepare it for us and then later went back for our meal!!  The chef did an excellent job!!!  Our appetizer was called "fish fingers" and they were strips of fish, lightly breaded and cooked and served with kind of a horseradish type sauce - yummy!!!
The main course was delicious!!  Besides pasta and veggies, he had prepared the fish (it was a cabrilla that Glenn had caught) 3 different ways - garlic, creamy cilantro and mango sauce!!!  It was all very good and we ended up bringing part of it home even!!

The restaurant was very nice and we had the waitress take a picture although it's not very clear!

Glenn saved enough room for ice cream - I didn't!!!!   To Be Cont'd..................

2 comments:

Patty Jensen said...

oh wow on the fish again!!! geesh I can't imagine catching that many big ones!!! And your food looks and must taste so delicious!!! L was excited for Glenn that he is having a wonderful 60th birthday vacation!!!

DrKeppy said...

That is lot of fish! He doesn't look like he's having any fun does he? LOL That cooked fish looks amazing!