Monday, June 25, 2012

ATV Fun

Last week was stressful due to the Springer Fire - I was bound and determined to stay home over the weekend but once we found out the fire was almost 100% contained, Glenn said he really wanted to go camping for one night!  I think he was excited that the camper was already on the truck and ready to go and also that when we returned, he would NOT have to take the camper off!  So Saturday morning I threw some clothes and food in the camper, Glenn hooked up the trailer with the ATV and we just went north of Divide to camp - within 1/2 hour of home!

Did I say it was hot - really hot?????  By the time we arrived and set up camp, we couldn't wait to get on the ATV and go for a ride!!  The scenary was pretty - the moving air felt good and I was glad we had come!

We headed back to the camper after lunch and it was so darn hot in the camper - but the flies were really bad so you couldn't sit outside - and I got one of my raging headaches!!  I finally had to sit outside with the flies but of course it was much cooler out there and soon I felt good enough so we could ride again, just to get some air moving!!

We saw some smoke in the distance - but I didn't think to take my cell phone with me on the ride because there was no cell phone coverage where we were camped!!!  And guess what we saw on the way back to camp - yup - a bear!!!!  He was coming out of the creek on the other side!


There wer LOTS of columbines around - I didn't think there would be many due to the dry conditions but we saw a lot of them!!  And since I can't seem to write under this picture, I'll close by saying I took my cell phone on our ride Sunday morning and when we got higher, the text messages came fast and furious on the new Waldo Canyon Fire - and we raced home!

3 comments:

Patty Jensen said...

Your last sentence just gives me chills Becky (along with the picture of the bear!!!).

Teri said...

Love the pic of the bear and flower (as long as you weren't toooo close to that bear). Keeping you in our prayers for rain!

DrKeppy said...

Apparantly I am a comment-slacker! How fun to see the bear - I think I might have been a bit freaked out! And love the columbine pics!!