Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Simple Life In Mexico......

There's nothing like getting a good nights' sleep and knowing you're past "travel" day!!  Now the real vacation begins!!

We knew we had to get some groceries in the house today - the owner had come by later last night and told Glenn he already had 2 days of deep sea fishing lined up with 2 other guys here in the complex!  So since Thursday and Friday would be fishing days, Glenn needed supplies to pack a lunch and I needed some food in the house so I didn't have to go out for every meal!

Since we're pretty much early risers, we set out for breakfast along with a sturdy bag for groceries and headed back to Orlando's for breakfast!  It was excellent - I had cinnamon french toast and bacon!  Even the coffee wasn't too strong!!

We had our trusty map with us with everything highlighted that we needed to do and our first stop was the tortilla factory - 2 bags of tortillas which would last me probably a couple of days!!  And then it was off to the larger grocery store a few blocks away.  By this time it was already getting pretty hot out - we tried to walk on the shady sides of streets but that didn't always work!  We finally found the store and the back room was REALLY cold - it held the little meat counter and all the fruits and veggies - we stayed a while there!!

After loading up, we headed to the beer store and got 6 bottles of beer - put in a sack of course as they don't have the 6 pack cardboard holders!  And one last stop at the little store just around the corner from our place for the heavy stuff - cokes, potatoes and onions!!  We staggered back to our place and gosh, that a/c felt great!!

This is where I spent the afternoon!!!

I lasted about 15 minutes in the sun and then it was under the umbrella for the reminder of my outside time!!  That heat was intense!!!  I REALLY enjoyed the pool!!  Now most pools in Mexico tend to be VERY cold, probably because I'm thinking of the Feb. trips we take - you don't last long in those pools!!  This pool though was cooled down bath water!!  I had forgotten how nice it is to step into a pool just cool enough to make you stop sweating but warm enough to put a nice smile on your face!!  I spent a lot of time in that pool, just enjoying that clear, nice water!!
Here's a picture of our place - along the right hand side is our own private patio!

The inside of our place is extremely nice as it's brand new - we're enjoying the full size frig, microwave and 6 burner stove!!
Now in the bedroom is an amazing feature on the ceiling where the fan hangs - just picture a super huge beach ball with the lower 1/2 cut off and skylights in the top 1/2!!  WOW - it's great lying in bed and looking at it!
I love this picture hanging in our bedroom!
The place is decorated very nicely - this vase is in the corner of our huge shower and I'd love to bring it home but I don't think it would fit in my suitcase!!

Glenn had fun doing some shore fishing in the afternoon while I read by the pool - tough life!!  And then we both cleaned up and headed out for dinner at Isla's, down by the water!!  The pina coladas were wonderful!
I was hungry for garlic shrimp so that's what I ordered - take a look at this presentation!!  And for dessert we opted to go back to the ice cream shop for a chocolate cone for Glenn and a dish of raspberry sorbet for me - a perfect ending to a perfect day!!!  To Be Cont'd............

1 comment:

Patty Jensen said...

Oh Becky that food!!!! I am so jealous - that looks so yummy!! And your place - wow - very nice - I am so glad you got to go and that Glenn (and you) are enjoying yourselves!