Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Special Hug

Our oldest granddaughter, Rayna, is growing up - she's almost 11 and into that kind of awkward "tween" time - you know, where you're embarrassed by your parents and really don't like to hug or kiss Nana and Papa anymore!!

She can be quite moody at times - and then a few minutes later, be laughing and acting like a kid again!!  Ah, I'm SO glad I'm not starting the beginning of those teenage years!

Sunday when they were ready to leave, she gave me the obligatory hug and walked out to the car!  I ran to the office window to watch them leave and saw her hugging and I mean HUGGING Glenn like she was never going to let go - and she let him kiss her on the cheek and she hugged him tight again!  And then I saw her run towards the house and I raced into the living room as she opened the front door and threw her arms around me, hugged me tight and told me she loved me.  When we broke apart, we were both crying................now that's ONE SPECIAL HUG from a granddaughter who will always be extra special to us, just because she was the first!!

3 comments:

Patty Jensen said...

Awww that is so sweet - we have had that happen here too - they leave and then run back in!!! Aren't grkids the greatest!!!

Teri said...

Just got caught up - wow you have been busy. It all sounds like so much fun! Enjoy those grandkids!

DrKeppy said...

So sweet :)