Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Parade

Grab the snowsuits, the boots, the hats, the mittens and the scarves and dress 4 little ones and then try to fit them into their car seats - it's a challenge!!!  I did snap a picture of them outside on the deck before we left!!
We took 2 cars into the parade and parked in our usual spot - the biggest difference between last year and this year was the temperature!!  Last year it was 7 degrees out - oh my !!!!! This year I actually forgot to look but I'm thinking it was around 30 degrees - a world of difference!!

Don't we look cute all bundled up?

This is right before the parade started - the kids had just received their glow sticks ad were pretty content to just sit on the quilt and wait!

The parade was awesome!!  Because we weren't cold at all, the time just seemed to fly by!!

Although you really can't see them, I DO have my new ear muffs on - the kind that go behind your head - since I usually live in the dark ages, I had no idea that was the NEW style!!  Luckily I have daughters who can keep me informed on these things!

After the parade, we all headed home amidst the heavy traffic and then it was time to sing Happy Birthday to Kenzie and to eat some yummy brownies with ice cream!

Jessi was in charge of reading the bedtime stories and once again, they all slept great!!

What a fantastic weekend with the kids and grand kids!!  I love this special holiday weekend and hopefully they'll be back next year so we can do it all again!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Thanks for a great weekend! We always feel spoiled when we go to Nana and Papa's house!