Tuesday, November 19, 2013

An Evan and Kenzie Weekend

Check out these two cuties!!  They're excited because I bought them smoothies!!

It was babysitting weekend for Glenn and I as Jessi and Gary headed to Mt Princeton Hot Springs for 2 nights of fun and relaxation!!  They dropped off the kids at work and luckily Evan and Kenzie are VERY patient kids as I had clients in for almost 2 hours straight and they had to hang out upstairs -  I had brought colors and paper and Jessi had left her IPAD so they were content until it was FINALLY time to head out the door!

I walked in the house when I got home and Jessi had left a beautiful bouquet of flowers for us (they had stopped at the house to get water and Glenn's bathrobe) - they  opened during the weekend and were sure pretty!!

It was a great weekend except it was very windy outside so we couldn't spend a lot of time out there - but we found plenty of other things to do!!  Like exercise?????

I had the kids pick out what they wanted to eat for the weekend - pizza was on the agenda for Friday night along with homemade popcorn by Papa and juice boxes!!  We watched "Monsters University" and it was sure cute!!

The marble game is always fun to build - although I think Jessi does a much better job than I do - must be that year she took of engineering!

Evan requested cinnamon rolls!!

Besides making the place cards for our Thanksgiving dinner, we also did the pine cones covered in bird seed!  I tried Karo syrup this year instead of peanut butter and it seemed to work just fine!

Hot dogs and French fries were on the docket for Saturday night - along with chocolate ice cream!!  We watched Epic that night.

Also enjoyed playing Bingo with the kids using Smarties candy as markers!!  The kids had brought me an entire baggie full of them from their Halloween candy so we had plenty!!

The kids went to bed great and slept all night which is always a bonus for us old folks!!  We had a great time babysitting them and I know they'll look forward to coming back again!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

What a great way to spend the weekend! Can't beat spending time with the grandkids.

DrKeppy said...

They had SO much fun! Thank you thank you thank you again - you're the best!!