Monday, November 25, 2013

Bits and Pieces

No pictures to share - just a few items to blog about!

The Christmas decorations are up, even the tree!  I find it's really nice to try and get it done the weekend BEFORE Thanksgiving so when we do get home from our Denver get together with the kids and grand kids, I can start the wrapping of the gifts that I just KNOW I'll buy on Black Friday!

*****

Last Thursday we had a delightful evening with friends Dick and Jane at the Mona Lisa Fondue restaurant!  Of course it was the coldest night so far this season and had snowed during the day so the roads were slick but we managed to make it down the pass just fine!  Our meals were 1/2 price, due to a Groupon I had bought for both of us and we really had a fun evening.  Dick and Jane had never been to a fondue place before and we all stuffed ourselves, almost to the point that we couldn't even eat all of the dark chocolate for dessert!

*****

Saturday we looked at 5th wheels!  I have a check off list that is required for the 5th wheel that we purchase and since we're looking for a smaller one, they're few and far between!  But one popped up on the Internet this last week and by the pictures, it looked perfect!  SO we headed out in the snow and gloom and cold on Saturday and after stopping for breakfast, headed to Pueblo to take a peek at it!  It was everything I was hoping for -  and had a couch/table combination unlike anything I'd seen before so I was thrilled with it!  We had another one to look at in Colorado Springs so didn't make an offer on it but I'm hoping Glenn will call today because I do want it!!

*****

After checking out another 5th wheel in Colorado Springs and then stopping for some great coffee and a sandwich, we headed back up to Woodland Park and saw "The Hunger Games" - yes, it was just as good as the first segment and followed the book pretty well!  The theater was packed as you can imagine and it always makes me smile when our little theater up here gets opening movies quite often!!

*****

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

1 comment:

Teri said...

And a happy Thanksgiving to you too! Can't wait to hear all about your 5th wheel - hope you get it!