Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Elusive Sun

I kept waiting for that beautiful sunrise but it just wouldn't happen because of all the clouds - sometimes there would be a morning shower but if not, the sun still hid behind the clouds!!
 
Morning coffee was always out by the time we got up - Glenn was their best customer!
 
 
Raking the sand was a daily occurrence and here is Hugo's daughter, raking away!

Breakfast was always delicious - with all the fresh fruit available in Mexico, Glenn and I were always happy to devour a plate!!

Huevos Rancheros was on the menu Thursday morning - a little spicy for me but I managed!

Let's see - what did I do all day?  3 guesses huh? I'm sure I was on my 4th book by now so my day was spent between the balcony and the hammock - with a few breaks to check the email and blog!

I panicked when I checked the business email as there was an attachment from our work comp people which was a "First Report of Injury" and then another email with a list of medical providers to use - I immediately emailed Charles (who was in charge) and said I needed to know IMMEDIATELY who got hurt!!!  He was probably typing me an email at the same time and in a few minutes he let me know that one of the guys had hurt his finger and because they wouldn't treat him at emergency care because it was a work related injury, Charles had to turn it into work comp and get him to the hospital ER - but everything turned out fine he said and I breathed a sigh of relief!!

Glenn spent most of the day fishing and helping the guys rake the seaweed!  The resort was having an over abundance of seaweed wash up every day on the beach and what a job to rake that up and get rid of it!!

A typical lunch at Xamach - absolutely delicious!!

The fisherman coming in from fishing with NO FISH!!  What's up with that?????

But because Glenn helped the guys rake the beach, they went out in the boat later on and did catch a couple of fish!

At least we had one decent sunset, even though it was the reflection as the sun set on the other side of the ocean.

Glenn, Hugo and Armando................

Late afternoon we had 2 more sets of people arrive so now we weren't the only ones there!!  One couple was from Berlin, Germany and they were fun to talk to - they spoke very good English!  The other 2 couples were Sherry and Barry from San Francisco and their daughter and her fiance, Samantha and Lane!   After visiting with them, it was fun to discover that Sherry's mom and dad live in Woodland Park and Sherry has a rental property there - small world!!

It was a fun evening EXCEPT for the mosquitoes and the noseeums - they were relentless that night as there wasn't much of a breeze and I got bit up so bad!  That darn rain just kept those biting things around and the bug spray was sure in demand that night!!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

That bar is so neat! And love all the food pictures - looks delicious! I can't say I'm surprised you met people that have WP connections - you ARE married to Glenn!! :)

Teri said...

Food looks fantastic!