Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I Never Tire of the Tulum Beaches.........

Coffee on the beach for Glenn!!  Yes, we had to go search some out as our breakfast place wasn't even open yet!!

Sleep was good - except for the fact that my pillow was a foot high it seemed!!  I did walk over to reception (no phones or TV's of course) and ask about getting a flatter pillow but the housekeeping closet was all locked up so I couldn't get another one that time of night!!  I made do with a beach towel as I knew my neck would not appreciate that tall pillow!!  It rained and rained and rained during the night............

We woke up to a stormy looking ocean and the crashing waves were something else!  But who cares - we're on vacation!!!  Continental breakfast was included in our nightly rate and it was served at Banana Casa Restaurant - or you could have it delivered to your room.  We went on over to the place and had an excellent breakfast of watermelon juice, coffee, a plate full of fruit, banana bread and a freshly baked loaf of bread with the best jelly over - truly delicious!!

We checked out the beach of course and soon it started to rain..............

Not a problem for me!!  I grabbed my book and headed for our covered balcony for the next couple of hours!

Check out our fancy bed we had - because it was the palapa styled roof, we did use the netting nightly just in case but only found one mosquito!

 

The tall roofs on these building always amaze me!!  This covering for the bed was really nice and even had a ceiling fan inside of the netting - kept us nice and cool!

The bathroom area was extremely nice and I only took this picture to show you our 2 showers!!  Yes, besides the regular one, you could stand out on this little balcony and take a shower outside!!  Only we did discover it was only COLD water - no thanks!!!

The views from our balcony were amazing - even though we had rain off and on most of the day, it was still fun to sit out and watch it rain


We had 2 huge coconut trees right in front of our place!


We drove into the little village area to have lunch at Mateo's - remember this place Cindy and Rene?  The food was just as good as last time and the chicken tacos on flour tortillas and guacamole went down great with my strawberry, pineapple, banana smoothie!!

Glenn was excited there was a tv going with the football game so he ended up taking me back to read on the balcony and he went back to watch the game - we were both happy that way!  I headed to the beach for about 1/2 hour when the sun peeked out but it didn't last for long!

We decided to head into town for dinner that night and found a cute place to eat - the waiter was very nice and was making paper roses for all the women in the restaurant!


One of the reasons I picked this restaurant is because it had garlic shrimp - wow - 10 butterflied garlic shrimp with all the trimmings - what a treat!
It was pouring rain when we got back to the cabana - and once again hard to drive in the rain and the darkness!  Luckily I had remembered to bring us each a small flashlight to use and they were put to good use each night!  The maid had remembered to bring me a different pillow which was still fluffier than what I'm used to but it did work OK for the night!

And yes, we fell asleep to the rain once again................

2 comments:

Teri said...

I am dreaming of the beach and the relaxing - have a wonderful time!

DrKeppy said...

Wow those are amazing views!!! And the shrimp look delicious!!!!