Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Celebrating Birthdays

Since I was heading up to Ft. Collins for Jill's surgery, she decided that we needed to celebrate our birthdays!  So by noon on Thursday after Patty and Leonard left, I headed to Ft. Collins for a few days!

We had decided to go out for dinner and to go to a wine/painting class!!  I was a little reluctant since I can't even draw stick people but Jill had been to a class before and said it was really fun!  I agreed I needed to get out of my "comfort" zone so Jill booked us and close friend Liz for a class!!

We had a great meal at a cute restaurant which I can't remember the name of but we sat out on their patio beside a fountain and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!!  We split 2 items - meatballs in an awesome sauce and baked macaroni and cheese spread with bacon on top - delicious!!

Then it was off to meet Liz at the painting studio!!  We each had a glass of wine (maybe I should have had 2!!) and the teacher proceeded to walk us through our painting for the next couple of hours!!

I always felt I was a little behind - guess I'm not very fast - and being such a perfectionist, tried to make it just like the instructor - I probably would have been better off to just go with the flow but at the end it actually DID turn out OK!!

All in all, quite the experience!!  I'm not sure I would do it again but if I did, would be a lot more relaxed the next time, knowing it's MY creation and there is no wrong or right to it!!  Thanks Jill for a wonderful birthday celebration!!

Here's our paintings up close -  Jill's is on the left and I'm on the right!

3 comments:

Jill said...

So glad you agreed to it! I think it would be fun to do with Jaime and Jessi!

Teri said...

Great job! Em and I talk about doing it but I am like you - nervous about being able to paint anything!!! What a fun birthday celebration.

DrKeppy said...

They turned out so good! I am impressed! Sounds like a wonderful birthday celebration! :)