Monday, August 15, 2016

What's Caught In Canada, Stays In Canada

Since I had taken a couple of trips with friends and sisters, I told Glenn he should take the Canada trip by himself!  We have friends from Nebraska that own a home on a lake up there and they've told us for years we need to come up!  However, there is no electricity or running water and of course an outhouse is used so this first time, I told Glenn he needed to go up and hang out with Jerry and I would come another time................Don't get me wrong - I do enjoy rustic but I wasn't sure I wanted to enjoy the rustic along with the mosquitoes!!

But Glenn had a great time!  He flew into Winnipeg and Jerry picked him up and they drove a couple of hours to reach a resort where Jerry's boat was tied up and waiting - and then it was another 1/2 hour to the house!

The guys had a great time fishing all week along with working on Jerry's house!  He was trying to get solar hooked up and between the two of them, I believe they did get it accomplished!!

Here's a couple of pictures of the awesome fish he caught!!  Walleye is one and I believe the other one is a northern.


 And here's a cute picture of Jerry and Glenn - they're like two peas in a pod if that tells you anything!!

All in all he had a great trip - lots of mosquitoes around and he came home with several bites - and of course as the title states, what's caught in Canada stays in Canada as you are only allowed to bring 2 fish back.  Oh well...............

1 comment:

Teri said...

Bet he loved it!