Thursday, August 18, 2016

Is It A Bench Or A Picnic Table?

When we were out at Dick and Jane's cabin at Guffey, I saw an awesome old bench that actually turns into a half of a picnic table!  Glenn thought it was a cool idea too so when we got back home, I started researching.....................

I actually found it at American Furniture Warehouse and even though it was made out of a plastic type material, Glenn said to go ahead and get it - but it wasn't to be as it wasn't in stock and they had no idea when or if they would get it in.

So I did the next best thing and went to Amazon - there I found the actual parts to put it together and you just add your own  2 x 4's, whatever length you wanted!  I knew that would make it super sturdy so I went ahead and ordered the parts.  Glenn bought the wood and had it together in no time at all!

Here is the completed 1/2 picnic table - picture another one pushed up to it on the other side!

 Then you just pull out a couple of plugs and tilt it downwards.

 And presto - it becomes a bench!!  (yes, that is Glenn acting mighty silly!!)

Anyway, I am totally thrilled with it and have now ordered the parts for the 2nd 1/2 - and soon Glenn will have that put together and I'll have a full picnic table and 2 awesome benches!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

That looks really cool! Great idea!

Jill said...

Super cool! Love the picture with Glenn's belly in it!