Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Holding Down The Fort

As of Friday morning in Ft. Collins, I was in charge!  Jill was going in for thyroid surgery and of course Robby was taking her in and after bringing her home, had a few computer jobs to do the next couple of days!

First of all I had to celebrate Aleah's 7th birthday since she was in Iowa over the 4th.  I had already taken her to a movie but she was happy to get her money for books and a couple of lego sets to put together!

The kids love playing outside and riding their bikes!  And they always run back in the house to get water bottles so they have something to drink - it's cute!!

Jill came through her surgery just fine and we were all thrilled to hear that the tumor was benign and only 1/2 of her thyroid was taken out!  They arrived back home late afternoon on Friday - Jill's throat was pretty sore from the tube and the tape on her neck prevented her from turning her head much the next few days but all in all she felt pretty good!!

I kept the kids busy the next couple of days - of course they always wanted IPAD time but I limited them during the day so they could watch a movie in the evening.

Part of the time we worked on books and worksheets from school that were sent home to work on during the summer.  Aleah also read for at least 10 minutes every day but most days even more than that.  I love this picture of her sitting outside reading!

Sunday morning I gave them a choice of going to the splash park or swimming and they both chose swimming!!   There is a neighborhood pool that is very close to their house and for the first 1/2 hour we were the only ones there!!  Parker wanted a picture sent to his mom so I took this one and texted it to Jill!

HMMMMM - I guess this next picture is upside down but you'll get the meaning anyway!!  Robby came home Sunday afternoon with this box of  Rocky Mountain dark chocolates as a thank-you for helping out!  Wow - I was impressed!!  They are delicious and I'm still enjoying them!!

Aleah was excited to pack her clothes on Sunday night as Monday I was taking her and picking up Kenzie in Denver for a 3 night stay at our place - and now the GIRLS adventure would begin!!

3 comments:

Teri said...

So nice you were able to help out. What a fun time with the kids.

DrKeppy said...

I bet the kids were so excited to have you there!!

Jill said...

Thank you so much for coming and helping us out! It made my surgery and recovery so much better. My kids were well taken care of!