Monday, March 30, 2020

Fishing At Its' Best!

Rene' loves to fish too - not as much as Glenn (do we know ANYONE that likes to fish as much as him????)  but there was excitement in the air when the morning came for them to go out!

The picture below is actually the 2nd time they went out - since they have different colored shirts on here than in the other pictures!


But the first time they went out, Rene' didn't take any dramanine OR wear his wrist bands and they hadn't been out 15 or 20 minutes before I saw them coming back into shore!  Cindy went down to see if they needed help getting the boat in and I must have been doing something else because the next time I looked I saw all of these people down there - now really, how many people does it take to get the boat in?  (Usually Glenn just has one person helping him!!)


Well, 2 things had happened!  No sooner had they gotten out a ways than Rene' got bad motion sickness and needed to come in!  BUT on the way back in he had caught a large fish!!  AND when they got to shore, one of the wheels on his boat had come off so it was hard to actually get the boat in because it was lopsided with only one wheel on it and the people in the picture rushed over to help get the boat and of course were looking at the fish!

And boy, what a fish it was!!  He had caught a dorado and it was beautiful!!


One proud guy!!



So after cutting up the fish, Glenn realized he had blood on his good shirt (that he's not supposed to wear out fishing!!) so was trying to be a good guy and wash it out in our bathroom sink!  He had put the plug in and then went to do something else - NOT a good idea - and by the time he remembered the water was running, it had flooded the bathroom and most of the bedroom!  YIKES - what a mess!

I think after 5 large bath towels we finally had the water mopped up (except for under our bed which we couldn't reach)!!  Since I had several items of clothing over by my side of the bed, my clothes got all wet along with 4 rugs!  At least my floor got a nice washing!

It wasn't till the next day I went under the sink to get my hair dryer and realized it was standing water under there - another rug,  a ruined pack of paper towels and a darn wet hair dryer!!  But I let it dry good and it still works!!  I had a 12 pack and 2 4-packs of toilet paper under there (remember, I was stocking up before we came home) and it all seemed to be fine till yesterday when I went to open one of the 4 packs - there must have been a hole in it as all of the rolls were soggy!!

Glenn did get the wheel fixed on the boat and back on!  What an exciting day!

3 comments:

Teri said...

What excitement! Loved the fish pic.

Jill said...

Wow, that's a great looking fish!

DrKeppy said...

Wow that was an exciting day!! I think motion sickness was worth a fish like that! Too bad Papa flooded your place!! :(