Saturday, March 27, 2021

Here Fishy Fishy

 The fish pictures are piling up so I better do a blog on FISH!  Glenn is THE MAN around here - no matter WHEN he fishes, he always catches something, unlike some of the other fishermen!  So it's always fun to see what he catches when he comes in!  

If it's a calm day, you can bet he's up at 4:30 or 5:00 (and no, I don't get back to sleep!) getting prepared to take the boat out for a few hours!  He loves every second he's out on the water and when he returns, can't wait for the next time!

Glenn and Del decided to head up to Bahia De Muertos to spend the night and fish on a charter boat the next day!  It's always an "unknown" when you go up the night before and this time, they decided to rent a motel room to sleep in - there was a motel about 15 minutes from the bay so we got on line and booked a room!

I knew it would be a dandy for $36 a night!!!!!  There was a double bed in the room along with a pull out couch that was made into a bed.  When they walked in, there was a dog turd on the bed - OK, that would have been enough for me to start running but hey, they're guys and no big deal!  When Glenn pulled the bedspread down to make sure the sheets looked clean, guess what - there were NO sheets on the bed!  When he finally got through to the guy running the place that he needed sheets, they gave him sheets for a twin bed - ha!

Glenn ordered chips and salsa - so the guy running the little restaurant takes a bag of frito like chips and opens them and hands them to Glenn - Glenn says "where's the salsa?"  So the guy grabs a ketchup like bottle and squirts some of it into the bag!  Oh gosh....

I of course am here by myself when he leaves - but I'm not scared to stay by myself!  I was watching TV that night and all of a sudden it sounded like gunshots outside!!  I raced to the slider doors and threw them open to see what was going on and it was fireworks!!  Beautiful fireworks being set off at the Spa Hotel!


The guys had a great time fishing and Del's wife Linda sent me this picture!  I was excited to see that they both caught a yellowtail, till they returned and Glenn told me he had caught both of them!



And one more yellowtail picture that Glenn caught from his boat!


We had the neighbors over for sashimi!



3 comments:

Sherry said...

OMG. hilarious!!!
Hopefully, he took a shower before he went fishing!!! LMAO

Jill said...

That hotel sounds like something else!

DrKeppy said...

I can't believe how big those fish are!!!! Incredible!