Wednesday, August 17, 2022

The Melting Pot

 Since Jill was coming down this way to pick up all the kids at LVR, she decided to come for a couple of nights and have some "mom" time AND to celebrate my birthday by taking me to The Melting Pot in Co. Springs for fondue!  

We even wore dresses for the evening - more room to expand when we ate - ha!  It was a beautiful late afternoon when we headed down the pass!  Jill had called ahead of time to make sure there were gluten free options and our waitress was very good about explaining it all when we got to our table!

Jill and I both got to choose our cheese fondue due to the gluten free items on her plate - mine was delicous and I discovered "pretzel" bread which I had never had before - very good and moist!


The main course was also split into two pots - Jill and I chose different kinds and I tried hers before I did my chicken (which was not gluten free due to the breaded herbs on it),  Both were great - we had PLENTY of shrimp between the two of us as the chef goofed up and gave Jill a triple portion, along with her other meat!

And then dessert - our favorite!!  But first since Jill had told the waitress that we were celebrating my birthday, she brought out this beautiful plate!


I ordered dark chocolate and white chocolate - Jill ordered the flaming turtle and it was delicious too!  Once again, the chef goofed up and the waitress told us we had more than triple chocolate in our pots and she would be willing to box up what we didn't eat!


You can see how full the chocolate pot is!!  And yes, we ate as much as we could and took the rest home!  The plate we received to share had all gluten free items - and the brownies were delicious!  Jill even asked what brand they were so she could try and find them!


It was a fun experience and we were so full when we left the place!  It was drizzling all the way home in the dark so I was glad Jill drove home!  Thank you Jill for an awesome evening!

Thursday morning we went for coffee and hot chocolate at The Wild Horse - always great coffee and the view to match!

And what did we spend a lot of our time doing?  Planning a Mexico trip!!  The girls had decided that we needed to take a "girls" trip next year to celebrate my 70th birthday!  I had given it a lot of thought and finally decided to go to an adults only all-inclusive resort around the Playa Del Carmen area!  When Jessi was down to take Kenzie to LVR, her and I looked at LOTS of resorts on Apple Vacations (exactly what I used to do when I was planning all those "Gran" farm trips) and started a list!  So when Jill was down, we did a lot more looking and figuring out what we liked and didn't like on a bunch of the resorts!  We're having a ball planning it and now have Jill's travel agent involved!  Looking forward to this awesome trip next year with my girls!


2 comments:

Teri said...

What a great birthday celebration and how fun to celebrate your 70th!

DrKeppy said...

It looked like an amazing night out! YAY that you got extra with all the mistakes! And am already soooo excited for our girls trip!