Friday, August 19, 2022

That Darn Razor...

 FINALLY we made plans to take a camping trip - 3 nights - and I told Glenn to choose where and he decided on Poncha Pass!  It's a great place to camp as you can access a lot of trails and there are several spots to camp!

We headed out Sunday morning and I warned Glenn that the "weekenders" would still be camped but he said no problem!  Gas is starting to get cheaper (though NOT in Woodland Park) and we were surprised when we drove by Hartsell as it was $3.99 for unleaded!  Usually it's really high there!

It was a nice trip over and when we pulled into the area, of course there were quite a few campers!  We unloaded the razor to take for a drive and find a spot - it sure is easier that way instead of dragging the 5th wheel and trailer around!  Our usual couple of spots were taken but we found a beautiful place high up that would work perfectly and got set up in no time!

We had views everywhere we looked and that evening the sky was gorgeous!


Glenn had a nice campfire going and we sat outside for a long time!


We sure made our first days' ride a LONG ride as we left about 9:30 and didn't get back till 4:00!  We rode all of our standby trails - only met 2 atv's the entire day!  Always a pretty overlook is Ohaver Lake on Marshall Pass.


Either some of the trails are getting steeper and rockier or this gal is just getting older and feels those bumps a whole lot more!  I keep thinking I SURE like the smooth, flat trails better!  Ha!

We stopped and had lunch at a place where we had camped before in the pickup and truck camper, right by a nice stream!


After our long day, we were headed home and Glenn kept saying he was hearing a funny sound - I didn't hear it - but he had me peek and see if the front tire was flat - nope it was fine!  So we get back to camp and crawl out and guess what - the back tire was flat and completely ruined!

I told Glenn no problem as there was a nice spare tire on the back - and then he proceeds to tell me that he didn't bring the "special" tool that is needed to take the tire off - REALLY???  He said he didn't think he would need it - hmmmmmmm - wonder why we carry spare tires and jacks in our vehicles because I never plan on having a flat tire!!  I wasn't a happy camper!


Glenn tried to think of other things we could do but I hadn't brought any decent clothes for going in somewhere, nor had I brought swimsuits to go to the hot springs!  I told him he would just have to find something to do while I read all day!

And then dinner time arrives - we had brats and I had bought these quite large sub buns and Glenn and I ended up splitting one - I happened to look at the baggie it was in and there's a hole chewed in it and a part of the other bun eaten!!!  OH NO - a mouse!!!  I was really upset by that time!

We keep all of our chips and breads in the oven so checked it out and sure enough, he had chewed into every single one of them, along with chewing on 2 of my utensils in the bottom drawer!  I was livid!

SO by that time I told Glenn that we WERE heading home the next day because I wasn't living with a mouse (we didn't have a mouse trap in the camper) and sure enough, when I was reading later that night, that darn mouse crawled up out of the stove onto the counter area!  I yelled at it and it raced back down into the stove.

But in the meantime, we did have a beautiful fire that night and enjoyed the peaceful evening!

It did rain most of the night and we woke up to cold and cloudy skies!  I guess it was a good thing to go on home as it rained all day long!  Maybe we'll have better luck on our next camping trip!

3 comments:

Teri said...

I hate those things! So sorry it ruined your trip! Better luck next time!

DrKeppy said...

Darn tire and mouse!! Oh well at least you got one long trip out before the tire went flat!

Jill said...

Not the best camping trip! At least you got one nice ride in!