Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Wedding Fun

 I wonder how long it's been since we've been invited to a wedding!  So long I can't remember I guess!  Anyway, one of my good friends daughter was getting married - the friend has moved to TX so I don't get to see her often but her daughter lives in Denver and that's where the wedding was going to be!  Perfect for us as I knew we could stay at Jessi's!

With Kenzie and Aleah in tow, we picked up my friend Arlyne and headed to Denver - it was HOT!  We dropped the girls off at Jessi's office and since we made good time (one never knows on a Friday afternoon) we decided to go to Dairy Queen first and get some blizzards - a great idea and a wonderful way to kill some time!

And finally we were off to the wedding!!  Have I mentioned how HOT it was?


The wedding was held at an old Victorian home which of course has been remodeled.  The wedding and dinner were held outside in the garden with drinks served in the parlor, along with the cake cutting!  Joyce greeted us as we arrived and it was so fun to see her!  We waited outside in chairs until it was time for the ceremony to start!

I happened to look down and saw BARE leg on Glenn - WHAT? - sometimes I really think I have to dress this man myself!  He had worn his short socks with his dress pants instead of the thin tall socks!  Arlyne and I laughed and laughed!  


The ceremony was short and sweet - there was a small crowd and it wasn't too hot in the garden area which was shaded!  Afterward we headed inside to order drinks and have appetizers!  It was all very nice!  I love this picture of the 3 of us by the stairway up to the guest rooms and ballroom!  The 3 of us were part of the "church ladies" when Joyce and Karen lived in the area!


Dinner was served family style at round tables outside and was delicious!  We all enjoyed visiting with other people at our table!  Next was the cake cutting inside - different flavors in different layers!  

Next we moved upstairs to the top floor (extremely narrow steep steps) where the dancing was!  I quickly took this picture of the couple before they went on the dance floor and darn it if Stephanie didn't have her eyes closed - and I didn't check it before we left!


We watched the traditional dances and even danced one ourselves, although the music just wasn't our style so we opted to head out a little early!  One last picture taken downstairs in this neat building!

We headed back to Jessi's place and talked with her about the wedding before we hit the sack!  Arlyne slept in Gwyn's bed and we all slept pretty darn good!  Jessi fixed a great breakfast casserole before we headed out the next morning with Gwyn along for HER special time with Nana and Papa!

No comments: