Friday, June 23, 2023

Beach Day #1

 Did I sleep good that first night!  OH YES - after being up very early to get to the airport, we were all quite tired that first night!  In fact, Jessi had a hard time waking me at 5:45!  Sunrise was at 6:08 and she wondered if I wanted to go with her!  OF COURSE!  So we both threw on some clothes and headed out into the warm air and humidity!  (And yes, we remembered bug spray!)

There were a few early risers out on the beach that morning!  With clouds in the sky, we hoped for a beautiful sunrise!  This catamaran was on the beach and made for a nice pre-sunrise picture!


The sunrise was not spectacular - but it was nice and we enjoyed watching the sun rise through the clouds before we took a walk on the beach!  We walked to the left of the picture and there weren't any resorts in the cove but we couldn't walk far because the jungle met the ocean and there was no place to walk!


We took some fun pictures since hardly anyone was around!


Back to our beach walk - you can see all the seaweed that comes up!  The entire coastline is having issues with seaweed coming onto the beaches - the crew is up early raking and hauling it in wheelbarrows to dump on the side of the resort! And by the way, the water was WARM!


Jessi and I just ate at the large buffet which is right beside the swimming pool!  There is always plenty to choose from but definitely won't get the scrambled eggs again - they were awful tasting!  They had an omelet station set up but it wasn't open yet - but definitely next time!

Then it was back to the room to get swimsuits on for the day!  This was taken on the jungle walk and is my new cover up that I got in Los Barrilles, Mexico when Glenn and I were down there - it's very lightweight and was perfect for this trip!


Meanwhile Jill and Jaime were up and going - Jaime woke up with a cough and sinus drainage but she rallied and made it through the day!  I bought Jaime her cover-up (along with mine) as a thank you for getting the mail and taking care of our house while we were gone this winter.


On the jungle walk!


We all decided to eat lunch at Beloved - check out that background - I just couldn't stop snapping pictures of it!  Lunch was great but dessert was even better!  I had the fancy lemon cake and it was delicious!  Mango ice cream is the preferred ice cream there and it's fantastic!



We settled on beach chairs on the beach for the day - had to switch several times to get out of the direct sun but it was fun to walk around and find different places!  I think I had to walk back to the room twice to get things I forgot to bring to the beach!  Oh well, I got my steps in that day!  There is a juice bar on the beach too and we enjoyed trying different ones!

This picture is one of the cool places on the jungle walk - there are names on the hanging hearts of couples that we assumed got married there - and the large heart is covered with locks!


DRINKS!  Aren't they pretty?  We discovered that drinks from Beloved were much better than the other bars, probably because they used premium liquor there!  The Miami Vices were great but I preferred the mango daiquiris with tejin around the top - and I found that if I ordered just a little bit of alcohol, I could drink more - ha!  I'm not a big drinker and found this worked well !


On one of my trips back to the room, I saw the baby coatis - they are SO CUTE!!  The adult ones are around all the time but the little ones are a little harder to see!  


Here they are up in the tree with mom!  They make a strange sound in the evenings - at least we THINK it was them!  All kinds of strange rustlings and sounds when you do the jungle walk in the evening!


The palm trees were lovely - I could sit there for hours just watching the palm trees and the beach!  We all would take our books and kindles down to the beach but would find that we wouldn't read all that much!  It's always fun to just people watch and enjoy the surroundings!

To Be Cont'd....

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

OH I love reliving all the memories through your blog!!! It was all just so wonderful!

Jill said...

That first full day at the beach was amazing!