Monday, June 26, 2023

Beach Day #2

 AHHHHHH....... the beach!  It was absolutely gorgeous out!  There was a slight breeze which felt great and we lounged in our chairs with drinks in hand!


Jill and Jaime at lunch with a picture of all the desserts!  I tried the chocolate cream puffs with dark chocolate sticks another day and wasn't disappointed!


To say this was relaxing is an understatement!


The water was WONDERFUL!  We all got in a few times - the water was calm and you could walk out quite a ways before you couldn't touch any more!  Jessi and Jill had brought 3 blow up/mesh type loungers and we all enjoyed sharing them and just hanging out in the ocean!


Here's the view of the resort from way out in the water!


It was a lovely afternoon!   Later on we walked to the lobby to book our Xplor trip for the next day!  We decided to have the resort book us a taxi to take us there since it was not only cheaper, but we could arrive when WE wanted to instead of using the regular transport.


When I arrived back at my room, the resort had put this banner on our door - gosh did I feel special!


That night we had booked reservations at The Grill, which was a steakhouse!  It was nice that we were so close to the lobby so didn't have far to walk!  Again, we were served some type of special drink that was very good!


I ordered the tenderloin steak with the "rustic" potatoes! (gotta love the translations!)  My piece happened to be quite thick and I had ordered it medium rare - it was quite rare to be honest!  Jaime had ordered the same thing and she sent hers back as it was too rare - but when it came back, it was almost well done so I just opted to keep mine and eat around the edges since I can never finish a full steak anyway!


We all tried different desserts that night and tasted each others'.  I had the cheesecake with raspberry topping which was good but their cheesecake certainly isn't like ours!  


After dinner we changed into comfy clothes and walked down to the pool area, just for a walk since we were all so full!  The lights on the jungle walk were SO pretty and they change colors!  Of course you walk fast so the mosquitos don't get you, even though you're covered in bug spray!  But a small price to pay to be in paradise!


When we arrived back from our walk, the resort had left me a chocolate looking egg shaped dessert for my birthday!   I attempted to eat some of it but just couldn't finish it as I was so full from dinner!


Since we were going to Xplor the next day, I decided to go ahead and get our bag packed so pulled out the sunglass holders I had brought!  Apparently, the one pair got TOO hot arriving here and the 2" end on each side was horribly sticky, like it had melted!  I stuck it on my cheek and then Jessi and I started laughing and we couldn't stop!!  OMG!  Our stomachs hurt because we laughed SO HARD!  Jessi was getting ready to brush her teeth so was putting toothpaste on when I walked it with these things hanging from my cheeks and she about lost it!  She ran into the bedroom to grab her phone and when we were done playing and laughing, realized she had dropped her toothpaste someplace!  More laughter!  Maybe that's why we slept so good because we laughed every night!

And the next day was Xplor!

2 comments:

DrKeppy said...

We sure did laugh A LOT! I loved every minute!

Jill said...

You guys are to funny! Glad you had a good laugh!