Tuesday, June 13, 2023

It's All About Aleah

 Aleah's Dance Recital!!  I was excited to see it once again this year as it was SO fantastic last year!  Glenn decided to stay home so I took off early Saturday morning to drive up!  Yes, it was raining!  Got my coffee and headed out!  The rain continued and got heavier and heavier to the point that you couldn't see much except brake lights ahead of you (and the traffic on the interstate was horrible!) and the back spray was so bad that the windshield wipers didn't do a lot of good, even at the fastest speed!

I was planning on just taking I-25 all the way through Denver but after fighting rain and traffic, I was a basket case so ended up on E-470 - the rain had slowed a little by this time but by the time I got on the outskirts and back on I-25, I was once again fighting the traffic and downpour!  I was SO GLAD to finally get to Jill's!

Jill and I did some shopping that afternoon - I found a couple of tops and tanks and a new purse so that was fun!  Unfortunately when Jill stopped for gas, she realized her drivers license was NOT in her purse!  She had it out at a bookstore and figured they had it there so called and they checked but no luck - what a bummer!  We finished up shopping and were almost ready to head home when her phone rang and it was the bookstore!  They said a customer had found her license in the parking lot and turned it in - Jill really didn't think that was the case but no matter, the license was there!  So we drove back to the place and picked it up!

Then it was dinner and time for the recital!



The recital was excellent!  The theme was The Seven Days of Creation and it was so well done!  Wow can those kids dance!  Aleah did a great job and it was so fun to see her on stage!



Afterwards we headed to Freddie's for ice cream - YUM!


I headed out mid-morning for Denver and guess what - RAIN AGAIN!!  This time I felt like I was wading through water to get to Denver since there was so much on the highway!  But of course I made it to Jessi's - pizza for lunch, an adjustment and then back on the road to finally get home!  And yes, it rained all the way!


3 comments:

Teri said...

It is so hard to drive in the rain. But so glad you got to see her recital. I loved seeing Lauren dance!

DrKeppy said...

I love her yellow costume! SO glad you got to go and that we got to see you too! Next time put in your request for NO RAIN!

Jill said...

We are so glad you came! Wish the weather had been better for driving though!