Thursday, June 22, 2023

Catalonia Royal Tulum

 We were hungry!  All we'd had were our snacks on the plane and it was going on 4:00!  Time to take the "jungle walk" and get something to eat!

The jungle walk is a long stone path, completely covered in trees and jungle and it takes you all the way to the huge pool, the buffet, and the BEACH!  I consulted my watch one day to see how many steps it was from the edge of the walk to our room - 569 steps!

And because it is jungle, there are mosquitos!!!!  LOTS OF THEM!  We didn't think to put on bug spray the first time we walked so of course got bit up!  Lesson learned!  I did use all of the bug spray I brought!


Our first glimpse of the beach - yes, it was beautiful!  Yes, it was gorgeous!  Yes, we were thrilled!


The girls couldn't wait to put their toes in the sand!


One of the perks of being "privileged" was the use of the beachfront restaurant called Beloved!  It had the best views of the beach and we ate many meals here along with drinks!


A quick picture on the beach in our t-shirts!


We were all smiles!


This is the view from the restaurant!


No matter what restaurant you walked into, you always had to give your room number and then they would ask about any allergies!  By the 4th day, they all knew that Jill had a gluten allergy!  We ordered some nachos and guacamole and chips and boy did that taste good!!  Also some miami vices - strawberry daiquiri mixed with a pina colada!


The waiters were very good about pointing out to Jill what she could eat and it worked out very well - she sure didn't go hungry!

Dinners in the evening were by reservation - we opted to do the Italian place the first night!  And we all enjoyed dressing up in our dresses for each evening!


Although we took many pictures  of our food, I'm not going to post pictures of them - just know we certainly enjoyed (most of the time!) what we ordered!  And we had fun laughing at some of the translations for certain foods!  I used my google translator many times!  Desserts were usually quite interesting - they're always presented beautifully, but not always to our tastes!


After dinner, Jill asked if I would go for a walk with her to see the pool and ocean at night so I said sure!  We put on more bug spray and walked down - even though there are lights on the jungle path, I used my phone flashlight because I sure didn't want to slip on the stones!

We were very surprised that the pool was all shut down and there weren't many lights at all down in that area!  But again, we knew this wasn't a "party" resort and that's one of the reasons we picked it, so weren't disappointed by the nightlife!

By the time we got back, I opened the door and Jaime and Jessi had decorated our room with cute little birthday and "70" stand up decorations, along with a crown and sash!  It was all SO FUN to see it and I was so surprised!!  I DO have the best girls ever!!

The room always felt good with the a/c on but since we are not used to it, I always wonder how I will sleep - but we were both exhausted from our long day and slept pretty well - except for the pillows which were a little on the high side for me!!  

To Be Cont'd...

3 comments:

Teri said...

What a cool beach and yes your girls are great! What fun!

DrKeppy said...

Everything sure was perfect.. besides those darn mosquitos!! OH well - mosquitos in paradise is ok!

Jill said...

Our rooms were really great and that first drink...just perfect!